Mutual Fund Services Tax, Assistant Vice President
- Management and coordinating tax compliance work for our Asset Manager Mutual Fund practice. Oversight of individuals preparing and reviewing the following functions:
- Fiscal & Excise tax provisions
- Financial statement disclosures
- Book vs tax adjustments including wash sales, reits, PFIC's, complex derivatives such as futures, options & swaps.
- Periodic distribution calculations
- Year end shareholder reporting support such as qualified dividend income, dividends received deductions and foreign tax credit.
- Federal, state and local income and excise tax returns required by RIC.
- Lead discussions with clients, public accounting firms and internal teams to develop production calendar and establish deliverable expectations throughout the year.
- Participate in problem solving exercises including ability to identify and help solve client challenges.
- Mentor & train Tax Administrators
- Candidate will be lead multiple engagements
- At least 8-10 years of mutual fund tax experience
- BS/BA degree in accounting/finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
- Thorough understand of accounting and tax concepts, practices and procedures required
- Ability to independently problem solve and drive process efficiencies and standardization
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential is important to us. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.