Information Systems Security Consultant
Serve as a critical team member of the Corporate Information Security "Cyber Security Center" participating in all aspects of the State Street's Managed Security Services Program and managing Enterprise cyber security incidents. Develops a strong understanding of cyber security incident response best practices, State Street business and IT processes and incident remediation. Develops and delivers reports and other communication tools to help identify and assess cyber security risks and help drive risk-based decisions about information security investments. Responsibilities include participating in the review of system activity information from various Corporate Information Security/Cyber Security Center tools; creation of work products to be collaborated on with other analyst team members; coordinating with the Managed Security Services (MSS) partner in its information analysis; and acting as an incident responder for Enterprise cyber security incidents. This role will also act as an interface to 3rd parties for incident escalation and tracking critical activities for incident response and associated root cause analysis. Will work with other analysts to review the categorization and prioritization of security events, based on trends with State Street cyber security risks. Position requirements include basic knowledge of IT security and data analytics. Required Skills:
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to review reports and system activity logs to identify critical events, prioritize, and escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to make meaningful contributions to incident response activities.
- Strong understanding/knowledge of:
- Information Technology
- Cyber security
- Incident response
- Log management systems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information to senior management and technical staff.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or a related field ideally involving data analytics or cyber security.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Security incident response and management
- Project management
- Data Analysis
- Report writing