Global Incident Management VP
Who we are looking for
The Enterprise Continuity Services Global Incident Management (ECS GIM) VP is accountable for the end to end crisis management process to include preparation, coordination, and communication before, during, and after an event. The role reports into the Head of Global Incident Management, and will interface closely with, and provide influence to, senior leadership at corporate, business unit, and regional levels. This role will lead continuity incidents primarily in the Americas but also coordinate with incident managers in EMEA and APAC as well as Global Security, Global Realty, IT, and Corporate Information Security. Due to the nature of incidents, non-standard work hours based can be expected. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Vice President, Global Incident Management you will
What we value
- Facilitate Incident Response and Crisis calls as needed in response to unplanned business disruptions
- Provide leadership for the ECS Incident Response Team for the Americas and coordinate efforts with regional continuity response teams
- Maintain the current Incident Management Program while evolving certain aspects to meet heightened regulatory requirements
- Maintain a state of readiness and awareness of situational events and develop strong relationships with regional corporate leads (Security, Information Security, Realty, IT) and external sources and partnerships (i.e. government emergency management, monitoring sites, etc.)
- Maintain the incident response teams currently in place to provide corporate support during incidents. This includes:
- Create, update and maintain all IRT and related documentation
- Maintain membership and train all new members on process and procedures
- Maintain an annual training program (including simulation exercise) for all group members
- Ensure streamlined and shared approach of best practice concepts and to serve as alternate to others regional Incident Management Leads for holidays or when management of an incident needs to be passed from one region to the next for a follow-the-sun approach
- Perform major incident debriefs partnering with the IRT and business leads and coordinate and monitor all post-event issue follow-up ensuring any highlighted remediation items are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Additional responsibilities and projects to be assigned by management as required
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrable Business Continuity experience with strong Incident/Crisis leadership capability
- Ability to solve practical problems and react quickly and calmly to changing or emergency circumstances, occasionally requiring long hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to think strategically and tailor appropriate messages to different management levels throughout the organization
- Must be able to make decisions under pressure with at times limited or incomplete information
- Must be comfortable leading and influencing without authority, up to and including the senior executive level
- Strong financial services industry background and knowledge, preferably in the areas of trading, payments, clearing, and settlement
- 10-15 years of overall financial services experience, with at least 10 years' experience in an Incident/Crisis Management related role
- Continuity certification preferred (MBCP, CBCP, etc.)
About State Street What we do.
- Prior leadership roles in financial industry continuity-related associations and working groups will be considered a plus
- Strong understanding of the regional nuances (regulatory, cultural, etc.) applicable to crisis management on a global scale will be considered a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers