Global Incident Management, Officer
Global Incident Management, Officer Who we are looking for
The Global Incident Management (GIM) Officer supports the end to end crisis management process to include preparation, tracking and communication before, during, and after an incident. The role will interface closely with, business partners globally. Responsibilities include tracking and interacting on continuity incidents globally as well as working on policy and process documentation and training materials. This role will coordinate with incident managers within other regions and with corporate Subject Matter Experts including Global Realty, Global Security, Information Technology and Corporate Information Security. Due to the nature of incidents, non-standard work hours can be expected. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Global Incident Management Officer you will
What we value
- Manage group mailboxes which includes: responding to emails; logging information; requesting outstanding information; escalate incident when necessary
- Create reports on incidents
- Support the Incident Response Teams and coordinate efforts with necessary business partners
- Maintaining a state of readiness and awareness of situational events and external sources and partnerships (i.e. government emergency management, monitoring sites, etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance of the Incident Response Teams groups currently in place to provide corporate support during incidents. This includes: maintain membership and train all new members on process and procedures; maintain an annual training program (including simulation exercise) for all group members
- Serve as alternate to other regional Incident Management team members for holidays or when management of an incident needs to be passed from one region to the next for a follow-the-sun approach
- Support major incident debriefs partnering with the Incident Response Team and business leads and follow-up on all post-event issues ensuring any highlighted remediation items are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Additional responsibilities and projects to be assigned by management as required
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience with Incident Management, Business Continuity a strong plus
- Must be able to think strategically and tailor appropriate messages to different management levels throughout the organization
- Financial services industry experience a strong plus
- 2+ years' experience desired
- Continuity certification preferred (MBCP, CBCP, etc.)
- Cyber certification / knowledge a plus
- BA in related field
Take turns being on call 24/7 to respond to incidents About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers