Global Cybersecurity Governance (GCS), Risk & Compliance Regulatory Management Officer
Who we are looking for
As a member of the Governance Risk and Compliance(GRC) team, this candidate will be responsible to support Regulatory lead in working with GCS SMEs, follow-up and tracking status updates, providing accurate/timely information to the regulatory requests/exams, maintaining all regulations impacting Cybersecurity. What you will be responsible for
As an Officer in the GCS GRC Regulatory Management team you will:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Provide technical support for various elements of the regulatory management and compliance programs for the Global Cybersecurity business unit.
- Assist more senior staff in designated risk management and compliance projects and assignments and in completing basic research, analysis and reporting, and may act as a coordinator on projects.
- Ensure regulatory responses are handled timely and appropriately.
- Foresee issues, challenges and escalate to Senior Management.
- Coordinate meetings and input management-approved responses for the respective GCS areas covering regulatory compliance assessments and maintaining our central repository of responses.
- Assist and contribute to additional projects and deliverables related to SOC audits.
- Partner with Global Cybersecurity leaders, GTS Technology Risk Management teams to prepare internal and external audit evidence and submission to the regulators.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- B.S. or equivalent experience •
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working in Information Security or general IT areas related to risk management, information security regulations and industry standards. •
- Preference for working towards a professional certification: Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Risk & Information Systems Controls (CRISC), etc
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.