Database Migration Administrator, VP
Who we are looking for
As part of State Street's continued investment in Resiliency, we are looking for an individual with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of IT Lifecycle. This team member, along with others, will work within the IT Infrastructure organization to help deliver organizational Lifecycle goals. What you will be responsible for
As a member of the Lifecycle team your emphasis will be working to upgrade or migrate databases to newer versions while following standard protocols, processes and adhearing to State Street Lifecycle methodology. What we value
Superior communication skills. Flexibility and strong tenants for reaching desired outcome. Taking ownership, problem solving and working Collaboratively are important skills in this role.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7 years' experience working in an Information Technology role
- 5 years' experience in a high-tech customer-facing role (i.e. Professional Services, Solution Architecture, Systems Administrator, Engineering or Consulting)
- 7 year's hands-on experience with database migrations and related technologies; experience providing senior level operational support and implementation of large-scale, enterprise level solutions (or demonstrated ability to work at this level - experience with solving problems and making decisions; experience with the fundamentals of configuration of applications)
- Indept knowledge with Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata, ODA, Oracle RAC).
- Preferred Experience with 11g,12c to 19c upgrades
- Experience and indepth knowledge with Oracle RDBMS multi-terabyte standalone and grid infrastructure (RAC/ASM) on 11g, 12c, 19c across multiple platforms (Exadata, RHEL, Solaris, AIX, etc.)
- Experience and indept knowledge with Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle DataGuard
- Preferred Experience of DB2, SQL and Sybase
- Previous experience with the design of infrastructure and integration into new and existing database systems
- Experience with infrastructure and database theories, principles and concepts, application infrastructure and standards, networking fundamentals, physical server architecture, and virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, Hyper-V and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN networks
- Understand WAN/LAN concepts and the TCP/IP protocol stack
Additional requirements Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology; Computer Science or related technical field
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems; creating, updating and closing tickets
- Strong customer service customer service skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is being described
- Experience with one or more cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to effectively deliver and execute technical projects across multiple engagements in a customer-facing-capacity
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers