Cyber Incident Responder
Who we are looking for
Serve as a critical team member of the Corporate Information Security (CIS) Cyber Security Center (CSC) incident response team participating in all aspects of the State Street's Managed Security Services (MSS) Program and supporting Enterprise cyber security activities. What you will be responsible for
As a Cyber Incident Responder, you will
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of cyber security threats and incident response best practices, intelligence analysis and reporting, and State Street business and IT processes.
- Respond to cyber security incidents as they arise and manage incidents end-to-end to include documenting after-action reports as required.
- Develop and deliver reports, briefings, and other communication tools to assist in identifying and assessing cyber security threats and drive risk-based decisions to secure the network.
- Participate in cyber-related exercises to include physical and tabletop.
- Analyze intelligence received from internal and external entities and determine applicability to the State Street environment.
- Coordinate with the Security Operations Center (SOC) to review the categorization and prioritization of security events.
- Participate in the review of system activity information from various CIS/CSC tools.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong understanding of IT security and data analytics.
- Ability to work well with others and under pressure.
- Ability to conduct investigations and report findings to leadership.
- Knowledge of responding to audit and regulatory requirements.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS in Cyber Security, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- 3-5 years incident response and cyber experience
- Knowledge of network security tools, such is IDS, Firewalls, and SIEM technologies
Ability to be on call on a rotating basis for after hour coverage.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers