Assistant Product Vice President
Product, Assistant Vice President Quincy, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Quincy-Massachusetts/Product--Assistant-Vice-President_R-632615-1/apply
Overview of the Team
State Street Loan Services provides bank loan recordkeeping for the investment class across the global organization. The teams primary application is Wall Street Office which is a sub-ledger accounting platform used specifically for bank loans. Client onboarding, asset setup, income collection, recon, general ledger posting, pricing and client facing activities are typical functions performed by the team on Wall St. Office and ledger accounting systems.
In the Assistant Vice President role, you will manage onshore employees and perform oversite of offshore staff. This is a client facing role for the bank loan asset class and consists of a wide variety of responsibilities including client onboarding, audit assistance, approval of wires, review of daily activity, training, conducting team meetings, and participation in various committees representing the bank loan team.
- Responsible for performing assigned, complex daily operations and processes.
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for operational issues.
- Receive and resolve inquiries from client, Client Management, COEs, BU Shared Services and BU Client Service and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU SS and CoEs.
- Maintain and monitor open items, issues, logs, project lists.
- Manage daily service delivery through Client Support Specialists
- Address custom client requests, manage production activities of Client Support Specialists 1, 2 and Senior Specialists.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes. Assist with client conversions and other client projects.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Work closely with BU Client Service as needed.
- Manage report card data collection and production.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits.
- Train client on using SS interfaces (i.e. myss.com, eHorizon, Cash Flow Module, Cash Manager).
- Train, develop and motivate new staff. Complete performance appraisals.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Perform annual risk assessments for customer accounts and alert VP of any changes that may increase State Street risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- During normal day-to-day operations, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- BS/BA degree required. Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in financial services
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-632615
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .