Application Development Lead
Who we are looking for
This is a hands-on technology position in State Street Global Technology Services seeking a technology leader with specialized business knowledge in the middle/front office areas. The candidate is someone with proven record of technology project execution for cloud, with ability to get hands on when it comes to analysis design and execution, someone with creativity and self-motivation to delivery on mission critical projects. What you will be responsible for
As Cloud delivery Lead you will
What we value
- Design and Develop solutions for various front, middle and back office implementations
- Develop applications leveraging various technologies - Java, Python, RDBMS, Kafka, snowflake and spark
- Design and code applications for cloud, leveraging Cloud native architecture principles and technologies
- Design and develop near real time analytics applications
- Ensure all Cloud solutions exhibit higher level of cost efficiency, performance, security, scalability and reliability
- Work with infrastructure and other related teams to ensure deployment and operationalization of cloud applications
- Quickly evaluate various technologies and complete POC driving architecture design for the applications
- Work in complex environment with multi location teams
- Work in team of agile developers
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Having 12++ Years of experience in application development team with hands on architecting, designing, developing and deployment skillset. Have demonstrated ability to translate business requirements in a technical design and through to implementation.
- Experience with designing & architecting services, systems & data platforms
- Experience with designing & architecting BigData platforms is a plus.
- Experience in event driven architectures, message hub, MQ, Kafka / Streams is required.
- Have vast experience on these technologies Java/J2ee, Oracle, Hadoop, hdfs, Hive, Impala, HBase, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Sqoop, Hcatalog, Spark, GraphX, Flume, Kafka, Pig, Python, Kerberos, Ambari, Hue, Jupyter, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Azure, AWS etc. and various hdfs storage formats like Avro, Parquet, ORC, Text, S3 etc.
- Subject Matter Expertise in J2EE concepts, micro service architecture, spark, ETL tools, Data as a Service, Star Schema, Dimension modelling, OLTP, ACID and data structures is desired
- Proven Experience with Cloud and Big data platforms , building data processing application utilizing spark, Airflow,, Object storage etc.
- Able to use cloud technologies - Azure/AWS - VM, Storage, Logic apps, Event grid, serveless functions , Snowflake etc. Preferred Certifications on AWS or Azure
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Use coding standard, secured application development, documentation, Release and configuration management and expertise in CI/CD.
- Well versed in SDLC using Agile Scrum.
- Plan and execute the deployment of releases.
- Ability to work with Application Development, SQA, and Infrastructure team.
- Strong leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills along with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible for managing a team of dev engineers.
- Good experience delivering large scale projects in financial industry
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 6 or more years of experience in Information Technology
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Experience in financial industry working on financial reporting/regulatory projects is a plus. Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts Securities 101 Capital Markets 101 etc. is desirable
- Cloud certification is plus
- Experience in evaluating software estimating cost and delivery timelines and managing financials
- Experience leading agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Work closely with the business & IT stake holders to manage delivery
- Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
Why this role is important to us
- Ability to lead delivery, manage team members if required and provide feedback
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage change
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
- Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers