Application Developer - Middleware / Java, AVP
State Street Integration Services (iSVCS) is a strategic shared services middleware integration platform developed in-house that provides integration solutions and services across State Street Alpha, Global Services, Global Markets (SSgM), Global Advisors (SSgA), and Global Exchange (SSgX); integrating our various business areas with our systems and our clients. The solutions architected/ developed today provide extreme scale for high volume messaging and high availability at an enterprise level. The services provided include but are not be limited to Message capture and delivery, Data transformation/mediation/enrichment, and Publish & subscribe.
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, energetic, and technology savvy. Can work independently or as part of a development team in a highly competitive and fast paced environment. The individual must have strong communications skills, as he or she will be responsible for interacting with the business, our clients, and other IT areas developing integration solutions.
As Lead Senior Developer, Assistant Vice President and a member of the Alpha, GX, IMS Technology (iSVCS) team at State Street the successful candidate:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Responsible for Application Design, Development and Resiliency for Enterprise iSVCS Frameworks.
- This mid-level technology position manages a team of developers, plays an influential role for improving software design, quality and improving associate talent, commitment and morale.
- will have the exciting opportunity to contribute and grow within a diverse team of integration architects, developers, and technologist in one of the hottest areas in the market.
- He or she will have the responsibility to develop hands on integration solutions and services using premier technology platforms like Kafka, workflow engines, micro services, cloud native programming within monolith as well as distributed Micro-services architecture.
- Provide technology leadership across enterprise shared services products in partnership with senior architects and product managers
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Developing hands on iSVCS integration solutions and services.
- Evangelizing iSVCS service offerings with our various businesses, other IT areas and our clients.
- Continuously improve the Application Development and support processes
- Identify and complete opportunities for automation
- Improve internal development and support processes
- Meet or exceed commitments to customers
- Foster a service attitude
- Partner with technology senior colleagues to ensure reliable, efficient daily operating capabilities.
- Ensure Application Development initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations re functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Promote agile application development where appropriate.
- Cultivate technical talent to deliver results and support future growth
Why this role is important to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Full stack Java developer.
- 8+ years of hands on experience in Java and enterprise messaging development like IBM MQ & Kafka.
- Experience with UI technology , ReactJS & JQuery.
- The highly qualified candidate needs to demonstrate a strong level of competence in Results Focus, Business Acumen and Curiosity and Technology Level Influence/Teamwork
- Experience with or knowledge of Kafka, Kafka Streams, workflow engines, micro services and cloud native programming, Spring boot, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
- Solid understanding of different transmission protocols including but not limited to SFTP, FTS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web Services, REST endpoints, WebSockets, NDM etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of vendor products like Secure Transport, Fix Engine, SWIFT Alliance Access/Gateway, Connect Direct NDM, etc. a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of SWIFT (ISO15022, ISO20022), FpML, FIX, and other industry standards is a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of Kafka and Kafka Streams a plus.
- Experience in or knowledge of Agile or Industrialized Agile a plus.
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers