AML Innovation Screening Functional Specialist, AVP
The AML Innovation Screening team is a corporate function that provides risk screening, detection, and mitigation services on transactions, customers, securities, etc. in support of the AML & Sanctions Compliance functions. The team implements, upgrades and maintains screening technologies that are integrated across critical bank systems and therefore requires careful management and thoughtful analysis. The AML & Sanctions Screening group is looking for an experienced individual who can successfully leverage new technology to enhance our capabilities as well as support the growth of the transaction business at scale.
The primary responsibility of the functional specialist are listed but not limited to as below
- Work closely with technology, business analysis and implementation teams during the planning phase for various entity and transactions screening projects
- Designing and or perform assigned, complex daily operations and processes.
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for operational issues
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Develop and document procedures and controls before a project is ready to go live.
- Review procedures and controls on an annual basis and update as required.
- Collaborate with Data Governance and support their objective with data architecture and delivery oversight.
- Participate in other initiatives as needed providing operational and data expertise.
- Manage and or perform monthly dashboard reporting and metrics for governance purposes.
- Manage and or perform operational tasks required to maintain the screening platforms including some weekend work as and when required.
- Ability to liaise between the business and technology teams with strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with transaction and entity processing (operationally and technical) at large and global financial institutions such as State Street Bank is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Firco Continuity (Transaction) and Firco Trust (Entity) screening or other screening (a.k.a. watch list filtering) systems is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of financial transaction types such as SWIFT MT and MX, FED Wires, CHIPS, SEPA, ACH, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with sanction screening (a.k.a. watch list filtering) False Hit Mitigation techniques and similar operational activities is preferred, but not required
- Prior AML & Sanctions compliance Risk Management Data Analytics and/or Audit Experience.
- Advanced reasoning; excellent verbal written and presentation skills.
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking problem solving research time management and verbal and written communication.
- Ability to liaise between the business and technology teams strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure deadline environment