Area Sales Manager
Job Opportunity Business Banking Relationship Manager, Plymouth and South Coast Area, MA Business Banking Relationship Manager, Plymouth and South Coast Area, MA -1904865 Description
The Sr. Associate, Business Banking Relationship Manager is responsible for the identification, development, building and expansion of our customer base/network/business opportunities, growth of loans deposits and fee income through the development of robust sales plans and utilization of industry contacts (COIs, existing clients and referrals).
- Acts as a consultant to clients and a resource to the Bank in developing and retaining business
- Collaborates with Regional Manager to develop and implement customer centric relationship plans
- Complies with and stays abreast of all applicable policies and procedures, federal and state laws
- Coordinates and organizes targeted campaigns and events
- Develops new relationships through prospecting, outside calling, networking, referrals and community involvement
- Handles relationship review and overall relationship profitability
- Identifies acceptable credit opportunities and develops them to generate significant non-credit sales
- Identifies cross sale opportunities and facilitate referrals within the organization
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the Company's credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete commercial loan packages
- Manage existing relationships to enhance profits, increase revenue and mitigate retention risk while delivering an excellent customer service experience to the client
- Negotiates terms and loan structures with clients around the most complex deals
- Understands the client's business environment, strategies and industry to better determine their credit requirements, identify potential new business opportunities and provide need based solutions
- Works to achieve sales goals (loans, deposits and generation of fee incomes.)
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Relationship Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Plymouth-4 North Street - 00703 - Plymouth Main - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 9, 2019, 3:34:48 PM
- Bachelor's Degree; in business, finance, economics, or equivalent field
- Master's Degree; in business, finance, economics, or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 9-12 years in a Business Banking Relationship Manager role and/or related business lending experience
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate high ethical standards and personal integrity to build credibility and trust while enhancing the organization's reputation in the lending community
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent business development and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of Problem Asset Review Management, FAS 114 Standards, Covenant Compliance and TDRs
- High-energy, result-oriented and works well in a team environment
- In-depth knowledge of banks, credit and deposit products
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to quickly learn new software and or systems
- Superior analytical, consulting and negotiating skills
- Superior client relationship, marketing presentation and sales/closing skills
- Superior understanding of C/I loans
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of market risks, macro/micro economic issues as they apply to banking, and lending policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the trends, competition, communities and businesses in the serviced markets
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions
- Understands and leverages team dynamics
- Considers multiple business and financial factors when weighing the merits of alternative risk strategies
- Has extensive experience in interpreting and analyzing a variety of financial data to diagnose significant or unusual operational risks
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages
- Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost
- Applies customer feedback toward improving and innovating services
- Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Town of Plymouth
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- FEEDING THE HUNGRY
Santander Interns work together to help serve the community.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Business Development, Town of Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
- Corporate Banking, Town of Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States