Vice President II, Mortgage Advisory
Join a bank like no other: SVB. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical
breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business. Join the SVB team and help bring our clients' world-changing ideas to life.
SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital and private equity professionals, as well as C-level executives from all the businesses SVB serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable and caring bankers and a high level of customer service. The Private Bank is experiencing substantial growth. In addition to banking, wealth advisory, and custom lending solutions, mortgage lending is an essential component of our offerings. This Mortgage Advisor will join a team of mortgage loan originators that are responsible for originating all mortgage loan transactions in the Private Bank. Our clients include clients of the Private Bank Relationship Managers as well as employees of SVB who are eligible for our home ownership program. As the Mortgage Advisor, you will be the point person on all mortgage lending opportunities, ensuring and executing a high-touch, exceptional client experience from the initial mortgage application through closing. You will work closely with an Associate on
the Mortgage Advisory team who will act as your loan coordinator, partnering with you on all your transactions. Your impact and success in this position will be gauged by the level of client satisfaction derived from services provided.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Relationship Managers of the Private Bank to ensure a first rate
mortgage/HELOC experience for all Private Bank clients, or work directly
with eligible SVB employees as part of the home ownership program.
• Assess borrower's circumstances and structure loans per borrower's needs
• Take mortgage applications from clients and eligible SVB employees and make
recommendations to borrowers re: alternatives available
• Partner with Associate team members in submitting applications via the loan
origination system, collecting documents from clients, satisfying all loan
conditions and coordinating closings
• Mentor Associates on the Mortgage Advisory team as needed
• Understand underwriting criteria and documentation processes
• Work closely with underwriters and Senior Credit Officers on standard and exception
• Review credit decisions with clients, including terms and conditions of loan
• Proactively update clients throughout the process
• Communicate with other relevant parties (i.e., title company, realtors) until
loan is funded and recorded Qualifications
The ideal candidate will bring meaningful experience in mortgage lending in a private bank environment. Must have a strong grasp of mortgage regulatory requirements, the capacity to support multiple transactions at a time, and ability to collaborate effectively with Relationship Managers, Associate loan coordinators, mortgage operations, underwriters, and credit officers.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a mortgage lender
• Previous Private Banking experience working with high net worth borrowers desired
• Outstanding knowledge of all applicable real estate regulations and track record of compliance
• Self-motivator with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented and organized with a sense of pride in their work
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment and think "outside of the box"
• Excellent phone skills, writing skills and professional attitude
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professionalism and diplomacy with clients and co-workers
• A passion for delivering high-level client service
• Team player
• Strong computer skills required: Windows XP, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, experience with Ellie Mae Encompass loan origination system is a plus.