Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Relationship Manager Location US-MA-Newton Job ID 2019-7298 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a senior Relationship Manager for our Private Equity business in the Eastern U.S. The Relationship Manager will work other relationship team members in sourcing new business, structuring and underwriting loans, and managing relationships with a variety of private capital firms.
The Private Equity group was founded in 2012, and has added over 150 clients and grown its loan portfolio to over $2 billion in only six years. The group has clients in every major pocket of capital in both the U.S. and in China, ranging in size from $100MM in AUM to over $30 billion. Private Equity is the largest specialized industry group in the Bank.
- Grow the existing portfolio of private equity and private debt firm clients by leveraging existing contacts and generating new leads to meet loan, deposit, and fee income goals.
- In partnership with the Managing Director for the Eastern U.S., structure debt solutions that are sufficiently innovative to attract new clients.
- Collaborate with other team members to complete the underwriting, due diligence, and documentation process for loans.
- Work with product specialists within the Bank to deepen and broaden client relationships by delivering a full suite of banking solutions including treasury management products, foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives and letters of credit.
- Mentor other team members including Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
- Travel to cities in the Eastern U.S. to source new business, visit existing clients, and attend industry conferences and events.
- 10+ years of banking experience with a minimum of 5 years of direct client relationship management experience, ideally with banking private equity firms;
- Experience in dealing with a wide array of corporate clients and credit structures;
- Thorough knowledge of the banking and financial services industries;
- Ability to quickly build credibility, close deals and win relationships from competitors in order to generate incremental loan outstanding, fees, deposit balances;
- Understanding of private investment firm structures, including buyout, fund of funds, venture capital, senior debt and mezzanine debt;
- Experience in negotiating term sheets, structuring credits, and reviewing and negotiating legal documents in partnership with counsel;
- Demonstrated ability in high level effective communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effect desired results in the back-office and product areas of the bank;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in both internal credit memos and client communications.
- Team player with a highly developed ability to work and communicate effectively with credit, and all levels of management throughout the organization
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS