Associate I, Mortgage Advisory
Joina bank like no other: SVB. When you work with the world's most innovativecompanies, you know you're making a difference every single day.Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel theglobal innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transformthe way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deepnetwork and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and topartner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping themgrow and succeed at every stage of their business. Join the SVB team andhelp bring our clients world-changing ideas to life.
SVB Private Bankserves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of theU.S. economy. This includes venture capital professionals and C-levelexecutives from all the businesses Silicon Valley Bank serves nationwide. SVBis uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seekto help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge oftheir industries, capable & caring bankers and a high level of customerservice.
The Mortgage Advisory AssociateI is an entry level team member on the Mortgage Lending team. This role partners with a Mortgage Advisor(VP I, VP II, Director or MD) in facilitating mortgage loan transactions forour Private Bank clients. Utilizingdirect client contact, the Mortgage Advisor Associate I will ensure allinformation is gathered from the client and provided to other internal teams(Mortgage UW and Mortgage Ops), and act as a liaison between internal teams inorder to provide the smoothest possible client experience for the mortgagetransaction.
The most qualified candidatewill be highly organized, with ability to pay attention to the details, needsto be proactive and able to multi-task, and should have strong written andverbal communication skills.
The daily responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist Mortgage Lenders in submitting clear, complete and timely applicationsto the Mortgage Operations team for initial disclosures and processing. Thisincludes the ability to work effectively with the Mortgage Advisor, becoming well versed in a specific transaction request. In addition, a candidateshould understand how a Rate Lock works, be able to register a loan in the LoanOrigination System, and be willing to perform some process functions, ifneeded, such as accessing credit report, ordering appraisals, etc.
- Work as a team with an aligned Mortgage Advisor and Relationship Manager toproactively communicate with clients in a timely manner regarding the status oftheir loans. Client communication may be required on evenings and/or weekends.Communication will also include sending clients documents via Docusign or theLoan Origination System.
- Ability to act independently and proactively in order to clear all loanconditions and expedite a transaction to closing. This includes following upwith the client on any outstanding items needed, working with title companieson any title issues that arise, and exercising appropriate judgment and problemsolving skills to minimize exception and extension requests and recognize whento escalate issues to mortgage team management.
- Manage the scheduling of signing appointments for clients, while keeping allparties aware of the sequence and timing of the steps to close the loan. Assistclients with wire requests from SVB accounts when needed for borrowers fundsto close.
- Provide suggestions on where we can improve in the mortgage process and clientexperience.
- Preferred experience includes 1-2 years in the mortgage industry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team orientation including ability to work with many different types of personalities and levels of seniority both within the Private Bank and externally
- Ability to multi-task and act independently and pro-actively on transactions, without direct supervision day-to-day
- Sense of urgency as needed to ensure an excellent client experience
United States-Massachusetts-Newton Work Locations: Job:
Banking Private Client Services Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Nov 5, 2019, 1:06:34 AM Travel: