Associate I, Mortgage Advisory
Join a bank like no other: SVB. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business. Join the SVB team and help bring our clientsâ€™ world-changing ideas to life.
SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U.S. economy. This includes venture capital professionals and C-level executives from all the businesses Silicon Valley Bank serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable & caring bankers and a high level of customer service.
The Mortgage Advisory Associate I is an entry level team member on the Mortgage Lending team. This role partners with a Mortgage Advisor (VP I, VP II, Director or MD) in facilitating mortgage loan transactions for our Private Bank clients. Utilizing direct client contact, the Mortgage Advisor Associate I will ensure all information is gathered from the client and provided to other internal teams (Mortgage UW and Mortgage Ops), and act as a liaison between internal teams in order to provide the smoothest possible client experience for the mortgage transaction.
The most qualified candidate will be highly organized, with ability to pay attention to the details, needs to be proactive and able to multi-task, and should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The daily responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist Mortgage Lenders in submitting clear, complete and timely applications to the Mortgage Operations team for initial disclosures and processing. This includes the ability to work effectively with the Mortgage Advisor, becoming well versed in a specific transaction request. In addition, a candidate should understand how a Rate Lock works, be able to register a loan in the Loan Origination System, and be willing to perform some process functions, if needed, such as accessing credit report, ordering appraisals, etc.
- Work as a team with an aligned Mortgage Advisor and Relationship Manager to proactively communicate with clients in a timely manner regarding the status of their loans. Client communication may be required on evenings and/or weekends. Communication will also include sending clients documents via Docusign or the Loan Origination System.
- Ability to act independently and proactively in order to clear all loan conditions and expedite a transaction to closing. This includes following up with the client on any outstanding items needed, working with title companies on any title issues that arise, and exercising appropriate judgment and problem solving skills to minimize exception and extension requests and recognize when to escalate issues to mortgage team management.
- Manage the scheduling of signing appointments for clients, while keeping all parties aware of the sequence and timing of the steps to close the loan. Assist clients with wire requests from SVB accounts when needed for borrowersâ€™ funds to close.
- Provide suggestions on where we can improve in the mortgage process and client experience.
- Preferred experience includes 1-2 years in the mortgage industry
- Strong organizational skills and a ttention to detail
- Advanced verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team orientation including ability to work with many different types of personalities and levels of seniority both within the Private Bank and externally
- Ability to multi-task and act independently and pro-actively on transactions, without direct supervision day-to-day
- Sense of urgency as needed to ensure an excellent client experience