Associate Development Program - East Coast - January 2020
Currently hiring for the January 2020
Location: Boston, MA
Join a bank like no other. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. Or the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
Join our Associate Development Program (ADP), and you'll help bring their world-changing ideas to life. You'll work with pioneering companies - from startups to market leaders - who come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30 years of experience in the industries we serve. And you'll work with teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers dedicated to helping our clients grow and succeed at every stage. The future's most innovative global companies - you'll bank them! Start with real-world experience ADP gives entry-level associates advanced, hands-on training in areas including credit risk assessment, loan portfolio management and client relationship skills. We look for associates from all majors and backgrounds, from liberal arts to life sciences and finance. They are sharp, driven, curious professionals who aren't afraid to speak up with new ideas, challenge old ways of doing things and always ask "why?".
Join us and you'll work with client relationship teams across the U.S. on a wide range of responsibilities, including conducting due diligence on potential clients, managing loan portfolio risk and supporting loan growth, underwriting new deals, identifying and resolving compliance issues, and providing client support and management. Qualifications
This may be the job for you if:
- You're confident in yourself and your abilities. You're a team player, but are comfortable working independently, and can keep a level head under pressure.
- You're motivated and strive for success. You act without being asked. And nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You write well and speak powerfully. You can explain complex situations with ease.
- You love to learn and have a tendency to pick things up quickly.
- You enjoy a challenge and thinking outside of the box. You don't give up easily and if you don't know the answer, you strive to find it.
- You're adventurous and willing to relocate. We have 28 locations in the U.S. and this could be your gateway to them all.
- You've earned a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. A GPA of 3.4 or above is preferred.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Average class size: 20+
- Locations: Boston and Palo Alto
- Programs begin in January and July