Senior Associate, Program,Management
Job Opportunity Sr. Associate, Program Management, Dorchester, MA Sr. Associate, Program Management, Dorchester, MA -1905535 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. The Sr. Consultant, Program Management leads projects and teams, ranging in size and complexity, defining performance goals and execution from initiation to closure. S/he leads scope definition, risk identification and methodology and reports on project status, determines time frames, staffing and resource requirements and leads others to make meaningful process improvements. The Sr. Associate, Program Management manages projects to deliver within scope, on time and on budget. Responsibilities
- Assesses time sensitive project issues, develop solutions, and coordinate the implementation of those resolutions in order to meet overall program productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed (i.e. identify critical path, document, plan for Return to Green, business continuity plan, etc.).
- Develops presentations, dashboards, reports and other team and executive level project communications and documentation.
- Develops, communicates and implements project risk mitigation plans and completes risk actions, issues and decisions documentation to effectively monitor risk and enable accountability and responsibility.
- Documents and communicates project changes, project health and project status project team, business owner an executive sponsor.
- Drives the funding process, as appropriate (i.e. presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case).
- Facilitates Project Team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders.
- Identifies project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives.
- Identifies project interdependencies and ensure stakeholders understand and operate with these interdependencies in mind.
- Review project status and ensure progress is in line with overall program goals.
- Develop and manage planning across initiatives.
- Leads and contributes to the development of project definition and scope with applicable stakeholders.
- Manages process and project management deliverables for all assigned projects from initiation thru closure, including intake activities.
- Monitors and documents project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards.
- Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
- Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Reports to director on the operating plan program's integration and dependency plan production, activities, and efforts.
- Significantly improves existing project management processes, discipline and controls.
- Tracks and reports accurate project plans and budgets in line with appropriate governance.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Experience with Payments platform technology including Payments Hubs, Wire, ACH and Fraud tools.
- In-depth knowledge of specific Cash Management products, with a focus on domestic and international Wire Transfer, ACH, Real-Time Payments and SWIFT.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply Job : Project Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Oct 23, 2019, 4:00:56 PM
- Bachelor's Degree;,or equivalent work experience.
- 9-12 years; Formal project management experience in a financial services environment,Building project planning documents.
- Developing and coaching others indirectly or directly- Coaches, reviews and delegating work to lower level professionals.
- Enabling individuals to work effectively as they plan, implement, and experience change.
- Engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives influencing without authority.
- Estimating and budgeting to ensure project costs are maintained.
- Experience with SW Project Management tool.
- Managing multi-year projects with cross-enterprise interdependencies.
- PMP and/or Prince2 certification,Six Sigma Green Belt
- Ability to analyze project data, metrics and financials, making data-driven analytical decisions.
- Ability to identify risks and manage them, escalation when necessary.
- Ability to influence others at an operational level regarding new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Ability to influence people to get things done even when direct authority does not exist.
- Ability to manage all aspects of multiple projects, deliverables and timelines.
- Ability to research, interpret, and incorporate industry and other best practices into project management processes.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly.
- Ability to understand, apply, and articulate industry project management principles, theories, and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative business and technology relationships; recognizes organizational limitations and uses corporate culture and resources to eliminate barriers when possible.
- Demonstrated experience engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives; influencing with and without authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project and portfolio management tools (i.e. Clarity, Visio, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Expertise in Technology Program/Project Management or deep technology execution experience required.
- Highly organized and possesses the ability to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of functional area may be required.,Proven experience prioritizing, budgeting, estimating, project implementation.
- Recognized as a project management subject matter expert.
- Skilled in cross-cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Strong attention to detail and results focused approach.
- Track record as a successful change agent.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Anticipates the impact of change and creates an environment where change can be initiated with minimal disruptions and negative impact.
- Helps people to understand how proposed changes will affect them and the organization.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions.
- Understands and leverages team dynamics.
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services.
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks.
- Identifies and eliminates redundancy of effort.
- Ensures tools, systems, and processes are in place to allow team members to work quickly and effectively.
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results.
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects.
- Pushes for "a better way of doing things and encourages others to challenge old thinking.
- Translates broad innovative ideas into workable solutions.
- Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change.
- Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change.
- Reformulates the problem in different ways to evaluate it from different angles.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Dorchester
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting