- Marlborough, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 21 Sep 17
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Portfolio Services Common Tools team is seeking profiles for a Lead Engineer to expand its highly-technical, versatile team of developers. The person will be responsible for developing solutions for commonly encountered business use cases, including but not limited to, micro services leveraging latest technology stack. The Common Tools team is responsible to provide efficient solutions by reducing redundancy, providing better visibility, and consolidating current tools used to solve similar problems. The ideal candidate plays a pivotal role in developing solutions to automate business workflows, multiple data management related initiatives, a dvanced Information Delivery leveraging interactive reporting tools.
- Design and build micro services to enhance the usage of common tools leveraged by various business applications
- Analyze requirements for new services, solution(s) design, and development of the solution
- Will spend majority of the time with hands-on development work, and in the process learn new technologies / tools as required
- Manage the overall delivery and integration needs including code quality and assurance by focusing on static code analysis, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, release management and deployment
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to other team members including consultants
- 8+ years of object oriented software design and development experience
- 5+ years of experience with web-based applications and technologies
- 2+ years of programming experience building REST based web services with Node.js
- Must be comfortable with test-driven development and continuous integration
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with multiple business and IT teams
- Experience with AWS is a highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .