Lead Software Engineer
- Marlborough, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 12 Dec 18
Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The world is full of fascinating questions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create technology to answer impactful questions about the future of companies, economies, financial markets, new technologies, and changing industries. These insights to benefit thousands of retirees, savers and institutions who are counting on us to make prudent financial decisions on their behalf. Our work allows clients to fulfill their long-term financial goals - whether it's a foundation seeking to fund cutting edge medical research or a retired teacher saving for their grandchild's college tuition. As a member of our top notch technology team, you will implement creative research methods, access industry-leading data and experts, and collaborate with colleagues from around the world to achieve these insights on behalf of our clients.
Mosaic Data Analysis team is responsible for providing content and capabilities to empower investors to extract maximum value from data, to inform their investment decisions. We are looking for a qualified candidate to work on building out a new platform that serves as a single place for various data needs for investors. The candidate will be involved in architecting a flexible and efficient system that federates data from various systems.
- Ability to work effectively throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle to deliver business solutions
- Partner with in-house application and data architects while implementing systems requirements.
- Analyze business requirements, provide technical architecture, design, and manage overall delivery
- Research and evaluate in-house tools and vendor products against the requirements to propose recommendations for build vs. buy
- Design semantic layer API to power data science workflows through a REST API and programming language SDKs.
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading from a variety of sources using technologies on AWS
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable web services to power data analysis applications used by investors
- Build and optimize data pipelines, architectures and data sets used by investment teams
- Integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement security and data protection
- Communicate regularly with technical and non-technical team members about technologies and best practices.
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Developer with solid accomplishments
- Strong delivery focus and ability to proactively overcome obstacles
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions using Java, Spring Framework
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong follow through skills.
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and passion to drive and innovate
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies is a strong plus:
- SQL / NoSQL
- WebServices and Data Formats
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field
- Financial Services background is a plus
Lead Software Engineer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .