Lead Java Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Portfolio Data Technology team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join a team responsible for the firm's proprietary investment performance measurement, attribution, and GIPS composite applications.
The engineer will be a key contributor to the development of new multi-asset performance attribution platform as well as enhancing and maintaining existing applications to keep pace with the evolution and growing complexity of the firm's investment products.
Keys to this position are a strong record of accomplishment of delivering scalable and flexible software solutions, analytical and data analysis skills, solid hands-on technical skills with a willingness and ability to learn new technologies and concepts, excellent communication skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in IT and the business.
This is an opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a collaborative team in a challenging role with excellent leadership and advancement opportunities. Responsibilities
- Lead a team of developers and QA engineers to deliver quality products in Portfolio Data Technology
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support efforts
- Work with business team members, project managers/analysts, other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams including continuous integration, code reviews, and all required release documentation
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with business partners and help guide the team in setting priorities for completion of requests or resolution of issues
- Work across teams such as middleware, database, and architecture teams to coordinate and facilitate production releases
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
- 10+ years of software development and design experience
- 7+ years demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications and services using Java and related technologies
- Hands on experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience in relational and non-relational database technologies
- Motivated, agile and able to work independently in a fast-paced team oriented environment
- Committed to delivering projects on time and overcome obstacles
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with working in AWS environment is preferred
- Financial industry experience is preferred but not required
Lead Java Developer JOB FAMILY
Software Engineering LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .