Mortgage Loan Officer
Job Opportunity Mortgage Loan Officer - Bellingham, MA Mortgage Loan Officer - Bellingham, MA -1904931 Description As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. Santander Bank is seeking Mortgage Loan Officers for our expanding Mortgage department. The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for:
- Soliciting mortgage loan customers, industry contacts and groups to capture mortgage loan business.
- Originating mortgage loans.
- Interviewing applicants to obtain pertinent information regarding their loan needs.
- Initiating the lending decision process.
- Providing service to customers seeking mortgage loans.
- Ensuring compliance to Retail Mortgage Lending policies and procedures.
- Performing work in conjunction with outside sales including completing loan applications and paperwork and preparing marketing/sales materials.
- Updating databases of loan products for sale and referral services.
- Calling, writing and e-mailing clients or prospects.
- Assisting in coordinating marketing and training programs.
- Studying and evaluating new activities, policies, programs, services and markets related to business development strategy.
- Working with team members in Mortgage Banking Division and other departments to provide information for prompt processing and closing of residential mortgage loan applications.
- Maintaining current knowledge of trends and developments in local real estate market as well as regulations concerning residential mortgage lending.
- Providing service and overseeing all actions during the loan origination process for managing the relationship with the customer ensuring that the mortgage loan closes based upon mutually acceptable terms.
- Developing and cultivating self-generated referral sources and partnerships with retail branches.
- Managing mortgage pipeline, assisting customers, inputting applications, and reviewing financial and credit data.
- Preparing marketing plans and cross-selling other bank products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Retail Mortgage lending work experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in residential mortgage origination, FHA experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements and residential loan products.
- PC proficiency.
- Proven sales track record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess financial needs and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply. Job : Business Development Primary Location : Massachusetts-Bellingham-13 North Main Street - 00602 - Bellingham - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 10, 2019, 2:17:05 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Town of Bellingham
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Justins Santander Steps
Discover how Justins career has progressed at Santander since he was hired as a Teller in 2014.
- Mitchells Santander Steps
From entry-level to company thought leader, find out how Mitchells career at Santander has grown.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Michael Cleary, Head of Consumer and Business Banking
Our biggest challenge, and a critical priority internally, is how we can ...
- Santander Wins Digital Strategy Award
Santander's consumer technologies were recognized by Innovation Enterprise.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Consumer and Business Banking, Town of Bellingham, Massachusetts, United States
- Business Development, Town of Bellingham, Massachusetts, United States
- Loan Officer, Town of Bellingham, Massachusetts, United States