HMEA's mission is to teach, support, and empower people with developmental disabilities and their families to live meaningful lives of their choice. Our vision is a world where individual differences are appreciated and celebrated, and where everyone contributes.
We believe that each person grows through their life experience and has the right to make his/her own life choices, including those that may involve risk. We support each person to discover their own dream for a meaningful life.
HMEA utilizes the best practices within areas of education, special education, behavior analysis, vocational services, and community inclusion in planning for both children and adults. Many of the programs' operating frameworks draw upon the guiding principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. These unique services are provided by highly qualified and trained staff.
HMEA is currently seeking an office manager to support the residential division.
Ensure all clerical supports necessary for Residential Services.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 40 hours
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Organize, prioritize and ensure timely clerical support for Residential Services
· Maintain adequate office supplies and ensure proper operation of office equipment
· Establish and maintain monitoring systems for Residential Supports
· Develop and monitor Residential Office budgets
· Ensure processing of all required paperwork for Human Resources, Professional Development and Business Office departments
· Act as first line of review for financial transaction sheets
· Maintain and reconcile office petty cash account
· Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned
Supervised By: VP of Residential and Shared Living
· High school diploma or equivalency
· Two years experience in professional office setting
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Ability to communicate thoughts clearly in spoken and written English
· Ability to analyze, evaluate and prioritize
· Demonstrated ability to train others effectively
· Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
· Computer literacy skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access
· Ability to advise and influence others
· Ability to implement basic accounting principles