Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations
Share this job
Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
- Savings Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
- Family Support
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
- Additional Perks
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
- Work/Life Balance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Job Description Req ID: 2002519 Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations - 2002519 Description As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations performs routine, analytical review of data and/or documentation which may include customer data and/or review for fraud/risk activities. Will be tasked with making decisions on disputed transactions and/or suspect activity flagged for investigative review. S/he performs other such duties as assigned including trouble shooting operational issues. The incumbent participates in projects requiring coordination with other teams. The Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations manages competing priorities in an accurate and timely manner. Responsibilities
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply Qualifications
- Analyzes current fraud trends and provide input into rules and parameters.
- Assists in the preparation of filing bonded claims and un-bonded charge off recommendations.
- Completes governmental reports such as SAR.
- Conducts daily new business and member account and/or changed account review and due diligence actions in compliance with the USA Patriot Act Member Identification Program (MIP).
- Develops and maintains Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Develops registration & licensing documents, policy and procedure manuals, and other documentation as needed.
- Enters fraud cases in the case management system.
- Investigates fraud claims involving ACH, Pre-authorized drafts, altered check, forged endorsements, unauthorized third party transfers, elder fraud, identity theft or other operations fraud issues.
- Maintains case files and work with law enforcement agencies and internal departments.
- Reports suspicious activity as required by the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Researches discrepancies, accumulate all necessary information and take appropriate action to stop, and where possible, prevent fraud and identity theft losses.
- Reviews daily reports for unauthorized share activity.
Job : Business Operations Primary Location : Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 06365 - Whittier Street-Corp Organization: SBNA Operations (5000) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Aug 26, 2020, 1:56:34 PM
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years; of loss prevention, fraud, regulatory compliance and fraud prevention or security area experience, preferably in financial services.
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop strategy recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization skills,Knowledge and experience with root cause analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications,Solid ability to multi-task,Solid analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of department computer applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of fraud systems such as Lexus Nexus, Targus, Tran Union TLO.
- Working knowledge of loss and fraud detection/prevention principals, multiple fraud areas, compliance and regulatory issues related to the department and/or company.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Accurately identifies resource requirements to solve basic problems.
- Communicates clearly and preciselyListens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding.
- Defines issues accurately and identifies the critical components,Knows who the organization's key customers and competitors areHas basic understanding of financial services industry and how organizations operate.
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution.
- Works effectively in team settings
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks.
Share this job Work in Town of Framingham
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Learn about roles in consumer & business banking
Personal Banking Representative
Mortgage Development Officer
Customer Service Representative
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs RELATED CONTENT
Consumer & Business Banking Careers | Branch Manager
- About Santander Universities
Learn how Santander Universities makes a positive impact on society.
- Employee Testimonials
Hear directly from our employees about working at Santander.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact