Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations Req ID: 2001629 Date posted 04/23/2020 Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations -2001629 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank
The Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations is responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the organization's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types. This role is responsible for supporting the operational unit through driving continuous improvement, removing barriers, building/maintaining a robust and effective reporting suite, and assisting in production. The primary function of this role on a day to day basis will be the completion of Quality Reviews to validate work is completed is in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Be proactive in the development and execution of ideas, which reduce risk and improve Santander's profitability
- Communicates significant issues to management and makes recommendations when weaknesses are identified
- Completes data quality checks, including coordinating the resolution of data reconciliation issues
- Conducts root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent and mitigate risk within processes and performance
- Increases operational efficiencies to streamline and simplify process flows and fraud prevention effectiveness
- Performs routine, analytical review of data and/or documentation which may include customer data and/or review for fraud/risk activities
- Conducts Quality Control reviews on work completed by Fraud Operations team members to ensure work was completed in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Escalates Quality Control issues as identified during review and brainstorms with team to determine solutions to complex issues
- Develops an understanding for regulatory requirements relevant to tasks assigned
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply. Qualifications
Job : Business Operations Primary Location : Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 06365 - Whittier Street-Corp Organization:SBNA Operations (5000) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Apr 23, 2020, 7:57:37 PM
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience in the financial service industry or similar environment, such as Customer Service, Operations, or Fraud Prevention.
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop strategy recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization skills,Knowledge and experience with root cause analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Solid ability to multi-task,Solid analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of department computer applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of fraud systems such as Lexus Nexus, Targus, Tran Union TLO.
- Working knowledge of loss and fraud detection/prevention principals, multiple fraud areas, compliance and regulatory issues related to the department and/or company.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments.
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Town of Framingham
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.