Job Opportunity Select Banker, Framingham, MA Select Banker, Framingham, MA -1904821 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Senior Specialist, Select Banker - Hybrid provides support and Banking services to a small portfolio of highly affluent Bank customers, and delivers an exceptional level of customer service through proactive management of issues and requests. Responsibilities
- Actively monitors industry and company specific developments, including technology trends and identifies business opportunities for clients
- Conducts customer meetings to effectively uncover Banking service needs and provide relevant solutions
- Cross-sells Santander's products and services including Deposit, Credit, Investment and Insurance products through outreach and appointment banking
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients and internal business partners to increase cross-sell opportunities and achieve sales goals
- Leverages lead sources and actively engages in outreach efforts focused on acquiring new High Value clients via lead lists, internal and external referrals, and prospecting
- Manages a small portfolio of High Value clients and strives to deepen, retain, and improve the profitability of these relationships
- On-boards new clients and opens accounts
- Supports and maintains a robust risk control environment
- Ensures activities are within guidelines and policies, covering market, operational, credit, conduct and regulatory risks
- Bachelor's Degree; in Business Administration or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years; Sales and/or financial industry experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 or equivalent FINRA exams and State Life and Health Licenses
- Ability to attain personal satisfaction by contributing to the achievement of client's personal financial goals
- Ability to build and execute successful sales plans
- Ability to profile clients, identify their needs and offer them the right strategy by leveraging partnerships with a team of specialists
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deepen and retain customer relationships, with proven historical performance
- Driven to resolve banking client issues to provide a higher level of client satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience conducting consultative conversations in person & on the phone with proven close rates through a needs-based sales approach
- Familiarity with sophisticated banking services and products appropriate for high net worth clients
- Goal oriented
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking
- Strong PC skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and rapport, excellent client contact skills
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding of Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customers requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Builds and maintains ones network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of ones team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work
- Proactively works to streamline processes and identify and eliminate redundancies
- Contributes to the implementation of new methods, policies, processes, procedures, or techniques
- Independently performs monitoring and testing of processes
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Relationship Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 00649 - Whittier Street-Branch - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 3, 2019, 5:26:15 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Town of Framingham
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Justins Santander Steps
Discover how Justins career has progressed at Santander since he was hired as a Teller in 2014.
- Mitchells Santander Steps
From entry-level to company thought leader, find out how Mitchells career at Santander has grown.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Michael Cleary, Head of Consumer and Business Banking
Our biggest challenge, and a critical priority internally, is how we can ...
- Santander Wins Digital Strategy Award
Santander's consumer technologies were recognized by Innovation Enterprise.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Business Development, Town of Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
- Consumer and Business Banking, Town of Framingham, Massachusetts, United States