Senior Quantitative Researcher, State Steet Associates, Vice President
About State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability. Job Description
State Street Associates, LLC (SSA) is a unique partnership of industry and academia dedicated to delivering preeminent research in investor behavior, global asset allocation, risk management, and foreign exchange to investment managers and asset owners. State Street Associates' location, in a collegiate environment just off Harvard Square, Cambridge, is designed to foster creative and groundbreaking thought. Our work is extensively peer reviewed and published in academic and practitioner journals. Our business objectives are to promote State Street's brand as the leading provider of knowledge resources, decision support and advisory services to global investors and provide valuable, proprietary research to clients in support of our sell-side business, State Street Global Markets. Research direction is provided by leading academics from Harvard and MIT.
SSA is looking for a Client Engagement
professional to join the Investor behavior Team as a Senior Quantitative Researcher
at SSA and will be initially focused on supporting our partnership with the Securities Finance group in Global Markets.
The Senior Quantitative Researcher
is a highly visible role within SSA and GM and will be passionate about representing our investment and analytical capabilities to clients and prospects across all Securities Finance relationships. You will work closely with the Algorithmic Trading team to coordinate thought leadership, positioning, collateral development, and other deliverables that highlight our proprietary research platform.
You will also collaborate closely with client-facing teams to engage with some of the most important firm relationships. You are an extension of the Investor Behavior Team through all stages of the sales cycle from initial client meetings to finals presentations and ongoing client servicing meetings. In addition, you will be responsible for generating investment content for securities finance clients around the globe by developing whitepapers and other collateral that help inform investors and promote strategically important SSA capabilities. In order to succeed, it is imperative that you develop and sustain strong working partnerships with our marketing, product, research, and Securities Finance teams. You will serve as a resource to offer perspective on your area of expertise. Strong communications skills for frequent external and internal presentations will clearly articulate the research processes and provide ongoing updates on product positioning with an eye toward the market environment and competitive landscape. Your time will be divided between Boston and Cambridge given business expectations. It is expected that the candidate will travel for business.
This is a Vice President level role based in Cambridge and Boston.
- You will play an integral role articulating SSA's core capabilities and value proposition to support sales and client servicing
- You will act as a liaison with other critical teams within SSA and Securities Finance to achieve our overall business objectives
- Work collaboratively with various channels to find opportunities to inspire consideration of our research and product offerings and drive business results
- Actively participate in key client and prospect meetings, focusing primarily on securities finance solutions
- Convey information pertaining to the product and related markets to influence both internal and external clients and partners
- Bachelor's degree required (graduate degree preferred) in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, mathematics, physics, engineering or similar fields. Equity markets knowledge and client experience is desired.
- A masters or higher degree and/or participation in the CFA program is preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in buy-side or sell-side research is desirable but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of financial and statistical concepts including modern portfolio theory and asset pricing theory.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Experience in a similar role, academic qualification and/or professional designation essential.
- Ability to code (Python, R, Matlab) essential