Wealth Hub General Manager, Charles River Development, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The Wealth Hub General Manager position is an executive level role responsible for ownership of the Charles River Wealth Hub. The Wealth Hub GM will have overall responsibility for leading and overseeing the Charles River Wealth Hub service and technology offering. The primary objectives of the role include driving attainment of key performance targets (Program Sponsor installations, asset manager contracting & on-boarding targets, Service Bureau relationships, etc.), working to establish repeatable scalable processes, working cross company to identify and deliver future enhancements, and delivering on client expectations of world class service. This position has direct responsibility for the overall revenue opportunity, platform expansion, and asset manager & sponsor retention associated with the Charles River Wealth Hub offering. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Wealth Hub General Manager you will:
What we value
- Serve as the recognized leader of the Wealth Hub within Charles River and represent that function across State Street
- Manage and take responsibility for the P&L associated with the Wealth Hub
- Partner with Wealth Product Strategy to set and evolve the strategic direction of the Wealth Hub through annual planning exercises that consider industry trends, regulatory environments, and competitive analysis.
- Manage 5 - 10 resources responsible for functional areas associated with the Wealth Hub
- Participate in the Sales process as needed for Executive support
- Ensure that all staff adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
- Review and assess personnel for compensation and promotion purposes.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience successfully recruiting and building world class teams.
- Prior experience either building or leading a project or business venture
- Ability to make tough decisions, to change and adapt quickly, while remaining focused on customers and executing business initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence internal business partners in a matrixed work environment
- A customer orientation which allows him/her to solicit, acquire, and act on information from customers concerning their current and future needs, issues, and challenges.
- Experience managing a large portfolio of clients and building senior level relationships.
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred).
- 20+ years of industry experience, 10+ years experience leading cross functional teams within either a financial services organization, industry technology provider, or large 3rd party consulting group.
- Wealth Management industry experience
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
About State Street What we do.
- Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, trends, etc.).
- Strong management background; ability to work both tactically and strategically.
- A strong leadership profile coupled with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb business judgment and ability to think through complex business issues.
- Critical assessment capability -ability to maintain a very high bar and drive excellence in work products, services, hiring, etc.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers