Team Lead, Engineering,Development
Team Lead - Engineering - Charles River Development Burlington Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Burlington-Massachusetts/Team-Lead---Engineering---Charles-River-Development_R-631982-2/apply
Team Lead - Engineering - Charles River Development
Charles River Development, a State Street Company, helps enable sound and efficient investing across all asset classes. Investment firms in more than 40 countries use Charles River IMS to manage more than US$25 Trillion in assets in the institutional investment, wealth management and hedge fund industries. Our Software as a Service-based solution (SaaS) is designed to automate and simplify investment management on a single platform from portfolio management and risk analytics through trading and post-trade settlement, with integrated compliance and managed data throughout. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, we support clients globally with more than 750 employees in 11 regional offices. CRD is currently expanding the capabilities of our products in several new areas.
- Direct Management of a team of 5-10 software development and QA engineers in an Agile Scrum team environment.
- Act as Scrum Master for the team; work closely with the Product Owner and others on requirements, project management, and scheduling.
- Contribute at the code and business levels in helping to create a scalable Java object-oriented layer to serve our C# client as well as our Web / Mobile applications.
- Assist in attracting top-level technical resources.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- 7+ years of professional Java development experience, additional experience with C# development is a plus
- 3+ years experience leading a team of developers and QAs
- Experience working with reference data systems and market data (i.e. Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg APIs, etc.)
- Experience working with FIX protocol and FIX certification process
- Experience with performance analysis and optimizations
- Demonstrated ability to provide vision and direction to engineering teams.
- Strong ability to debug multi-tier, highly multi-threaded, transactional code.
- Technical experience includes strong GUI and Server-side experience. Exceptional SQL Skills with considerable experience in either Oracle or MSS; good understanding of performance issues. Experience with Tomcat or other containers. Architectural skills highly desirable.
- Strong with OO design and development.
- Product delivery experience: have been key in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets.
- Experience developing applications for the financial markets a very strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector.
- Sr. hands-on Developer/Architect or Tech lead level contributor considered the top within their organization.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-631982
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .