Who we are looking for:
Someone to lead one or more engineering Scrum teams to build and maintain one or more of Charles River's components or products. Provide engineering expertise for a given product area within the team and across the Engineering organization. Deliver support and assistance to customers and other teams within Charles River. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Manage a development team's staff, including assignment of work items, employee performance, engagement and professional development
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop software solutions to meet market need and assist in managing the product backlog for their functional area
- Fulfill the Scrum Master role by leading the team in their Agile development process and working to foster a strong continuous improvement culture
- Identify improvements in team development and quality including defining new strategies, processes, and required tooling to improve quality
- Write, review and approve software development specifications, projects, proposals, methods and schedules
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Advise staff members on complex technical problems including specifying proper software designs and use of existing facilities to solve common problems
- Monitor progress on a variety of initiatives and work packages to ensure fulfillment of product and scheduling objectives
- Review testing strategy and test plans for team's product to ensure high product quality
- Mentor team members to cultivate technical and financial domain knowledge expertise, and assist with developing other essential skills to further their careers
- Work with the client services organization to provide support & maintenance to current customers
- Coordinate with other Scrum teams within the R&D organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows
Education and preferred qualifications:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Experience in managing large scale, multi-location projects
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 10-12 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a software engineering role required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
About State Street: What we do.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly and succinctly summarize results for upper management
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and running efficient meetings
- Ability to manage solution complexity to ensure simple designs and workflows
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-team activities
- Strong contributor to project plans and backlog management
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: Charles River Development