Senior Systems Engineer - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development is rapidly growing its Software-as-a-Service platform. We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded solution and support engineer for our growing Infrastructure Support team. This team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our core infrastructure. We offer an opportunity for talented and driven individuals to get on board with an organization that values personal initiative and growth. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will
What we value
- Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of live clients.
- Have a deep appreciation of why IT security is important to our company and our customers.
- Manage complex support relationships with key vendors, including managed hosting providers.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist with onboarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
- Support third party infrastructure applications and services, such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer, and job scheduling.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and service topologies.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
- Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Be a strong technical leader who can influence the evolving architecture and standards of our SaaS infrastructure.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for virtualization and other core SaaS technologies.
- Perform capacity planning for critical infrastructure resources, plan system expansions, and adjust architectures for future growth.
About State Street What we do.
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- 10+ years of experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
- 5+ years with MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
- 3+ years with VMWare system advanced administration
- 3+ years with Active Directory advanced administration.
- 3+ years of experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery support.
- Experience solving problems that require knowledge of networking, firewalls, VLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Solid understanding of related Microsoft technologies - Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
- Some scripting and automation experience, especially in Powershell, Perl, etc. a large plus
- Experience writing basic SQL queries to perform light database administration tasks.
- Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
- Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening.
- Experience with some web / application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere)
- Experience with job scheduling software a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
- Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers a plus (ex: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services / AWS, Century Link, Azure )
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
- Professional IT certifications are a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers