Senior Software Engineer in Test, AVP - Charles River Development
This is a hands-on technical role requiring current experience working with large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks providing well-balanced coverage across UI, back-end integration and database levels.
The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering and supporting the software infrastructure that enables automated product validation. The candidate should be a sharp, experienced software engineer in test with strong problem-solving skills and a solid software testing foundation. This role requires a talented, detail oriented, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about quality with the ability to grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions.
We are looking for a strong Java software engineer to build out the next generation of our software test automation infrastructure as part of our NextGen IBOR team. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering and supporting the software infrastructure that enables automated product validation. Wxperience with Cucumber framework is desirable.
The role will work with the NextGen IBOR Team Lead to implement cutting edge complex quality engineering automation frameworks, tools and other solutions for software development and deployment initiatives to ensure the software meets quality expectations.
Proven experience in test automation, Cucumber, SILKTest, and process automation with cutting edge tools for Web, Desktop, DB and Web-service testing (Selenium, Ready API, etc.) is desired. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
Experience in in i dentifying test data management needs and implementing them is a must.
Financial services industry experience is preferred. Responsibilities:
- Develop Java code for the management of automation infrastructure.
- Develop API's Java and Cucumber that facilitate the creation of rich automation test suites by the product development teams.
- Debug and correct problems in the automation infrastructure code.
- Perform performance profiling of code and systems and propose solutions to address defects.
- Provide support for Linux and Windows environments.
- Provide support for Oracle and MSS environments.
- Create comprehensive test automation scripts from business requirements and functional specifications documents for product features of moderate complexity.
- Execute automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests.
- Maintain automated script libraries for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Interpret results of automation tests and document software defects in issue tracking system; proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members.
- Keep abreast of automation testing technologies and best practices with an eye to evolving automation frameworks and testing methodologies.
- Improve the Testing/automation architecture by continuously reducing the testing cycle time enabling the CI\\CD models by working closely with various teams
- Manage all test environments, test devices and OS versions required for testing
- Define test data for robust automated testing and implement a process to maintain and expand that "Gold" copy of the data for QA.
- 8+ years of experience with C# development.
- Strong programming skills to be able to develop automation infrastructure effectively.
- Experience with ASP.NET web development.
- Experience with Java, PowerShell and batch scripts.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience with various automation tools.
- Experience with Silk4Net is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux and Oracle and SQL Server database.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum Development processes, QA processes and standards.
- Ability to conduct administration in Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to multitask ongoing project tasks while supporting a variety of incoming questions from the development community.
- Ability to provide guidance on how to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in the financial industry a plus.
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites.
- 2+ years of experience in Micro services, Web services testing using SOAP and REST based service & XML, JSON.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GIT and other relevant tools.
- Exposure to testing tools such as Selenium Webdriver, SilkTest, Gradle, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Teamcity, Git, Confluence, JIRA, Docker, ELK stack.
- Strong experience with database testing (Oracle, SQL/NoSQL)
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study or Business with an MIS background. MS degree strongly preferred.