Senior Compliance Analyst - Charles River - Assistant Vice President (Investment Compliance Rule Writing)
Who we are looking for
The focus of the role is primarily to provide hands-on delivery of Compliance services to our buy-side clients. It will also play a key role in the development of the service in EMEA region. The role requires strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Compliance Analyst you will
What we value
- Assist in the development and enhancement of Charles River Compliance Rule Advisory Service ("CRAS")
- Assist in developing and evolving standardized, efficient processes in support of Compliance Rule Advisory Services delivery.
- Assist Compliance Manager in managing the CRAS team.
- Perform the following service-related functions for Compliance Services clients:
- Initial service setup/implementation, including business requirements such as regulatory/legal requirements, business processes/workflows, exception management, reporting, and rules of engagement.
- Compliance software rule writing/testing, report writing, exception management.
- Compliance software configuration changes.
- Compliance software upgrade testing.
- Problem troubleshooting, support, and resolution.
- Advising clients on "Best Practices" and optimal use of Compliance software.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory issues in the global market.
- Maintain understanding of current and upcoming rules by analysis or regulatory Consultation papers, Guidance and establishing and maintaining contact with regulatory bodies.
- Keep abreast of regional and global industry trends and regulatory issues.
- Work closely with colleagues in Charles River regions globally to design and deliver regionally relevant services.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Troubleshoot and provide Compliance issue resolution.
- Assist clients in optimal use of the system.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of internal policies and procedures.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to understand and decipher Prospectus, Statement of Additional Information, Investment Policies and Client Guidelines.
- Knowledge of all types of investments, including complex derivative instruments.
- Experience with investment management Compliance software including functionality, workflows, configuration, rule writing and testing, reporting, exception investigation, and issue resolution.
- General knowledge of database systems and how an automated compliance environment functions.
- Experience with monitoring shareholder disclosure/ foreign beneficial ownership is a plus.
- Compliance related experience with mutual funds, institutional accounts, insurance, hedge funds, private equity, or wealth management.
- Experience interpreting and implementing regulations such as UCITS 3, Solvency II or other regulatory framework within a software platform is essential.
- Experience of multi-jurisdictional issues in EMEA e.g. FCA, Bafin.
- Proficient with UCITS III or IV, The Investment Company Act of 1940, and National Instrument 81-102. (@ min UCITS).
- Knowledge of Investment Management Compliance including domestic and international regulations and common Compliance department policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-growth, mission critical service delivery environment with multiple projects and tasks with changing deadlines.
- Strong proficiency using windows-based applications, including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Project.
- People management experience highly desirable or previous experience mentoring or developing people.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Admin, Finance, or a Technical Discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working within the securities trading industry within Investment Management compliance.
- Strong hands-on Compliance Software experience i.e., a rule-based software system.
About State Street What we do.
- Experience with any of the following software is strongly desired, in order of preference:
- Charles River IMS,
- Non-Charles River Trade Order Management software,
- Middle or Back Office trading applications, or
- Financial applications.
- Fluency in French or German advantageous but not essential
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers