Product Specialist - Fixed Income - Charles River Development
What are we looking for:
Provide Functional application technical support to CRD customers in the Fixed Income and Derivative space. Why this job is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for:
• Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, email or in person (remotely or on-site).
• Assist client in verifying the accuracy of the fixed income and derivatives data and functionality.
• Diagnose software, data and workflow issues and recommend the appropriate solution.
• Analyze problems, answer questions, and provide training related to the software.
• Identify and test workarounds for bugs or deficiencies in the software.
• Research issues dealing with third party software.
• Escalate issues in a timely manner that require Team Lead/Product/Engineering's attention.
• Follow a standard set of procedures and methods when responding to customer requests or inquiries.
• Conduct research on questions and issues using available information resources and other product specialists.
• Contribute to the continuous enhancement and improvement of support processes and methods.
• Successfully handle "sensitive" issue related situations that affect the perception of how CRD resolves customer problems.
• Manage special projects as required
• Keep a detailed log of all customer interactions and prepare resolution reports for issues reported by the customer.
• Complete any other related task as assigned.
• Train new product specialist Education & Preferred Qualifications:
• Four (4) year degree in a technical field such as Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance, or another relevant field.
• MBA or CFA or FRM is preferable.
• 10 + years overall work experience in the world of Financial Technology / fixed income.
• Strong to advanced working knowledge of Fixed Income, especially Derivative financial instruments.
• Basic SQL skills preferable.
• Thorough understanding of Trade Life Cycle and System Development Life Cycle.
• Prior trading support, Middle and Back Office Operations, Fund Accounting or Trading experience is highly preferred.
• Experience in the Charles River application or any OMS/EMS is preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must.
• Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, balance key tasks, and manage time effectively.
• Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills.
• Must be customer driven, can work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
• Must be a self-motivator and team player.