Head of Alpha Platform Future State - SVP
State Street's Alpha organization, includes CRD, Alpha Platform Management, Alpha Data and Middle Office Services and Alpha Analytics. It is responsible globally for Alpha, State Street's front to back platform across platform management, client digital experience, software and services solutions, integration across State Street and 3rd parties, information delivery, client solutioning, implementation, and service delivery. Alpha is positioned as one of the fundamental pillars of State Street's strategy. The SVP, Head of Alpha Platform, Future State
will dual report to the Global Head of Alpha and CEO, CRD. He/she will be responsible for delivering and managing the industry's first, event-driven, cloud-native, multi-tenant investment platform utilizing new, existing and emerging solutions and technologies, including machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science and cloud computing. This role is a general management role with responsibility for establishing key differentiation of Alpha in the market and growing a Software/Data as a Service business driving substantial new, subscription based revenues for CRD and Alpha overall. Primary responsibilities include a broad range of strategic functions spanning business strategy, P&L management, product conception / development / management working directly with CRD, Alpha Services and State Street Technology and third party partnerships. In addition, he/she will be a significant contributor to the Alpha Platform strategy and, through his / her thought leadership and other market-facing activities, to Alpha's positioning and stature in the industry. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Alpha executive management team. Key Responsibilities:
Alpha Platform Target State Outcomes:
- Manage the vision, product development, engineering and commercialization of the future state Alpha platform, e.g. new, cloud native Business Services, Utilities, Data Management and Analytics - offered to the Institutional and Wealth industries. Initial functionality for cloud native architecture includes data management, IBOR, performance measurement and attribution and analytics through a subscription-based, "X"-as-a-service, multi-tenant platform.
- Drive industry-wide adoption of Alpha data model and integration framework standards and toolkits
- Accelerate existing cloud native product initiatives for Alpha enterprise data management / warehouse and IBOR functionality.
- Engage and manage development partners - clients, State Street Alpha Services and 3rd parties.
- Drive commercialization of the future state Alpha platform through collaboration with CRD and Alpha sales
- Manage revenue, expense and capital investment for future state Alpha Platform
- Establish clear differentiation for CRD and Alpha through the future state Alpha Platform in support of the overall Alpha strategy
- Set the industry, global standard for how structured data is delivered to customers and leveraged by them across all domains
- Deliver Institutional and Wealth industry-wide adoption of CRD and Alpha cloud native solutions including data management, cash, IBOR, and performance measurement and attribution software as a service solutions
- Establish foundation for proprietary and 3rd party Alpha analytics offerings
- Achieve expected client, industry and financial metrics as defined by multi-year plan
- Recognized industry leader in envisioning, developing and commercializing Institutional and Wealth multi-tenant software solutions with experience across portfolio management, trading, analytics, data management, IBOR, risk and performance measurement
- Leadership experience at an industry-leading commercial firm or in driving similar initiatives at a leading global-scale asset manager
- Proven track record as a leader of a global workforce
- Proven track record of business, product, and major systems development.
- Functional product strategy and management experience
- Strong ability to collaborate with others in a matrixed organizations, clients and 3rd parties
- Demonstrated experience with event driven architecture, cloud native application development, data stream implementation and big data solutions
- Demonstrated experience applying design and architecture patterns to address complex business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks in parallel and adapt quickly to a fast paced, evolving environment
- Experience in engineering financial service applications highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills