Finance Manager Burlington Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Burlington-Massachusetts/Finance-Manager_R-634883/apply
Charles River Development is driving dramatic transformation across a number of different areas including business strategy to better position the company to continue thriving and growing in the exciting Fin/Tech SaaS space. The FP&A and Finance Operations and Analytics teams sit at the forefront of many of these changes and plays a key role in helping the company manage through them.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has the ability to work through ambiguity, think broadly while paying attention to financial and operational details, proactively solve problems, and drive process management. They should have a proven track-record of excellence in modeling, analytics, pricing, deal review, ability to interpret contracts and influence and advise others. Prove record of successful execution of change management initiatives, and a keen understanding of how to drive results.
Looking for dynamic professional with current SaaS/Tech background, public company experience in a fast-paced environment. Full P&L mgmt., complex multi-element arrangement experience, including products, services (professional services, managed services, etc.), revenue recognition 606, understanding of complex contracts and ability to formulate complex pricing strategies as part of deal negotiations and proposals. Very deep and sophisticated financial modeling, technical and analytical backgrounds; metric/data driven. Superb communication and presentation skills. Customer focused mentality, with strong executive presence.
- Proactively work with Sales to optimize the deal structure for opportunities in accordance with accounting guidelines while optimizing the Companys revenue objectives and customer interests
- Attend Sales forecast calls and conduct deal review discussions to ensure a complete understanding of all elements of customer transaction
- Timely communicate nonstandard terms in customer transactions to the Corporate Accounting team
- Collaborate with Legal in the review of contracts and transaction documentation
- Conduct margin analysis at the client level by digging dip into activity based costing
- Manage and take ownership of the pricing model and continuously drive process improvement analysis and ongoing pricing analysis to support the Sales field
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, legal, and other internal functions on transaction-related requirements
- Identify and manage escalations and internal objections related to pricing and other commercial terms
- Assist in the revenue forecast process Qualifications
- Design and implement sales compensation plans that align with company objectives, motivate sales staff, and drive productive behavior
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degree required, in Finance or Accounting; MBA strongly preferred
- Public accounting or similar industry experience specifically related to multiple element revenue recognition
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in finance including public company experience in a relevant industry
- Autonomously identify business risks and opportunities and create strategic or tactical recommendations using data-driven analysis
- Strong strategic, analytical ability and intellectual curiosity to drive performance improvement and solve business challenges
- Demonstrated proficiency in a quantitatively heavy position. Strong quantitative and analytical competency is a must
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is required
- Revenue recognition experience including working knowledge of GAAP ASC 606. Specific experience with multiple element and phasing revenue recognition considerations
- Experience in global B2B SaaS sales enablement process management, business analytics, technology and compensation management strategy
- Understanding of revenue guidance as it relates to bundling multiple elements, future functionality and other complex accounting requirements
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to summarize and present complex revenue transactions to cross-functional teams
- Exceptional people leader: acquire, develop and retain top industry talent to perform beyond expectations
- Good judgment and motivation to enforce the Companys Code of Conduct, Revenue Recognition and other policies
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel user, experience with planning systems, and ability and desire to dig into details is a must.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours
- Team playing collaborator with highest levels of integrity
- Highly organized, but entrepreneurial with a desire to act quickly
- Strong leaderaction oriented and leads from the front
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed in a stationary position (E.G. sitting or standing) such as answering the phone, operation of a computer, and/or operation of a photocopier.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interfaces regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of professionals. Interfaces directly with employees from all departments to resolve related issues in a timely manner.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-634883
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .