Cloud Platform Engineer, Snowflake - Charles River - Vice President (Can work remote from most states)
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development is looking for an experienced Cloud Platform Engineer who will drive the design and delivery of best-in-class cloud data platform. You will participate in design, deployment, and maintenance of next gen data platform architecture along with ensuring operational integrity for enterprise class highly resilient platform. The Engineer should have broad knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and trends. This Engineer will need to be innovative to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Principal Engineer you will
What we value
- Be part of Cloud Data Platform Engineering team and responsible for data platform architecture, design and implementation
- Participate in discussions and implementation of Platform Architecture, Identity and Access Model, BCP/DR Strategy, Network and Deployment Models and platform monitoring strategy
- Work closely with cloud governance, application & infrastructure architects, and engineers to design, implement and manage secure, scalable, and reliable data platform solutions and environments for State Street Alpha business applications/products
- Propose, design, and implement cloud infrastructure transformation and automation-based solutions based on various State Street Alpha product requirements
- Ensuring operational readiness for launching secure and scalable enterprise grade workloads into public cloud environment
- Assist with implementation of DevOps practices in implementing and tuning continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) for technology platforms.
- Develop and automate end to end data platform provisioning solutions
- Assist data application teams with solutioning along with design specifications and implementation of industry best practices and standards
- Assist engineering and operation teams with data platform performance tuning
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
- Work closely with the Global Cyber Security, Cloud Governance, Solution Architects and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise and maintain a log of operational activities performed
- Perform technology investigations to develop and maintain the knowledge base of current leading edge and developing technologies with the goal of using the knowledge to identify emerging business opportunities and in support of existing business programs.
- Be the liaison with project teams on cloud technologies and solutions
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Acts ethically and takes accountability for achieving outcomes
- Experience designing and deploying multi-region cloud data platforms at enterprise scale
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and continue to expand expertise
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Analytical field required, Master's preferred
- 10+ years of overall experience.
- 5+ years of cloud solutioning experience, preferably with Azure cloud
- Experience with Snowflake is required. Experience with Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Synapse or Databricks a plus
- Experience with data warehousing, ETL/ELT tools like Attunity, Talend, Azure Data Factory etc.
- Prior enterprise with cloud data platform architecture/design/solutioning experience or equivalent architect/solution expert certification a huge plus
- Strong analytical experience, ability to speak-up when needed and presentation skills suitable for senior management level, cloud engineering and architecture stakeholder meetings
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: Charles River Development