Cloud Platform Architect - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development is looking for an experienced Cloud Platform Architect who will work on the Alpha CCOE team to assist with governance and management of our SaaS Cloud platform. In this role you will interface with security teams, engineering, product management, business units and customers to define and deliver robust, scalable, and agile architectures in support of the rapidly growing product capabilities. You will lead teams to plan, design, build and participate in deploying enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures in the Azure Public Cloud. This role focuses on the architecture of the foundational cloud infrastructure, shared services, and DevOps processes and tooling that will underpin the next generation platform. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Cloud Platform Architect you will:
- Develop comprehensive architecture standards, patterns, and reference architectures in collaboration with security, engineering, operations, and development teams.
- Align cloud architecture standards with published CIS cloud security standards
- Set and align cloud technology and direction priorities with business strategy
- Enterprise application and platforms architecture design, review, governance, and strategy
- Governance (CSPM) with Azure Policy and management group organizational model
- Set and develop standards, patterns, and guidance around Azure and 3rd party technologies
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards, and leading practices
- Guidance of engineering and development teams and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full life cycle
- Understand the current environment and provide recommendations of how to leverage multiple services within the cloud
- General knowledge of programming, PowerShell, Azure DevOps, infra-as-code, automation
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure architecture and enterprise architecture
- Experience with practical Microsoft Azure cloud implementation preferred (hands-on)
- Relevant cloud Microsoft Azure architecture certifications (or other relevant Microsoft certifications)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High drive, entrepreneurial attitude, and good interpersonal skills
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Analytical field required or equivalent experience
- Azure Cloud Platform Certification preferred
- 10+ years of overall experience
- 5+ years of experience within Microsoft Azure architecture design and development
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies and services.
- Working experience with global azure deployments.
- Working experience with highly segmented networks in public and private clouds.
- Working experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies in Azure
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Cloud governance experience a big plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers