Who are we looking for:
As the Cloud Architect, you will drive the design and delivery of a best-in-class cloud networking solution with security in mind, providing expertise on cloud services. Lead the network design, deployment, and maintenance of the cloud architecture. Ensure operational integrity for enterprise class zero down time. Bring broad knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies, technology trends. Work closely with the security team, network team and hosting team to make network design improvements, development, and operation to ensure our hosting solutions are in line with both our engineering goals and security goals. Extensive Knowledge of cloud services and architecture is a must.
Your responsibilities include partnering with development teams and successfully engineering the design of cloud solutions, hardening, and releasing cloud services for IT and Engineering. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As a Cloud Architect you will
Key Knowledge and abilities include
- Act as subject-matter-expert Cloud Services
- Own the lifecycle management of all Cloud Services and help drive a well framed cloud strategy
- Hands on working experience with Azure networking
- Drive Cloud Adoption and paths to both automate and transform
- Articulate business requirement into technical deliverables while maintaining a world-class and breeding edge cybersecurity posture
- Ensure departmental alignment to infrastructure/architectural standards and strategy
- Maintains quality assurance and support of services documentation
- Define and maintain Cloud Strategy and policies using a risk-based priority methodology
- Own the business case development of all cloud projects
- Seek consensus and business unit agreements via influencing and building solid relationships
- Stay up to date on recent Cloud capabilities while maintaining regular cadence with key industry players
- Align Cloud roadmaps and plans to satisfy SOC2, ISO 27001 and other regulatory requirements.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Cloud Automation
- Deep knowledge in Azure Networking, and available services
- Extensive ability to implement design and monitor change to ensure both security and function
- Knowledge of on-prem technology and ability to map on-prem to Azure
- Excellent presentation and report development skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with technology teams
- Disciplined team player to apply project management principles to guide implementation teams through system lifecycle
- Effective verbal and written communication, presentation, and documentation
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Azure architecture certification
- Professional industry-specific certifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio and other Microsoft Tools
- 10+ years in progressive IT experience
- 5+ years in Azure Cloud experience
- 2+ years in infrastructure architecture experience
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark in the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other benefits. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value of State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers