CRD Software Engineering Rotational Program
Job Description Overview
The Software Engineering Rotational Development Program at Charles River Development (CRD) is designed to provide a multi-faceted experience through the use of Learning Tracks focused on:
- introducing newly graduated engineers to different product development teams and their micro-cultures
- allowing engineering to enhance/hone their technical skills in multiple product areas
- exposing the new team member to the Agile scrum environment, and to assist them in gaining experience working in this team-based approach
- preparing the rotational engineer for a permanent scrum team placement at the end of the cycle
Assignments and Duration
The duration of this program is between 12 and 18 months depending on Learning Track and organization needs. Software Engineers in this program will gain exposure across multiple functions by completing 2-3 scrum team assignments each of 6 months duration.
Training & Mentorship
All software development engineers will complete product, technical and company training through the formal full-time CRD training program (Charles River University). They will be assigned to a mentor for the total rotation, but will take direction from each agile team lead throughout the course of their assignments
- Understand and develop user interfaces and server side systems for complex securities and trading software.
- Work closely with internal product teams and be capable of spanning Java and/or C# technologies
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced (agile) environment similar to a start-up company
- Gain knowledge and get up to speed quickly on all team assignments
- Participate in all team agile-related activities; including but not limited to daily stand-up, sprint planning and re-cap
- Bachelors' or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong academic credentials (high GPA, internship experience ideal)
- Some level of programming skills in Java, C#, SQL, Perl, XML, etc.
- Exposure to concepts including: agile/scrum, object oriented programming, software engineering techniques, parallel programming, databases, unit testing, etc.
- Strong work ethic with ability to ramp up quickly
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Exposure to commercial software, developing multi-tier enterprise software solutions
- Any exposure or knowledge of the financial industry is a strong plus, but not required