Business Development Manager, Vice President
Job Description Who we are looking for
You will be joining the Business Development team in Charles River Development (CRD). The mission of the team is to manage existing partners across the full spectrum of the CRD business . The team also coordinates across functions to drive the creation of new partnerships that add new capabilities to the CRD platform, address customer feedback, and ultimately drive revenue. This role also involves coordination with the broader State Street Alpha team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
Manage the Business Development Lifecycle
- Interface with R&D , Product Strategy, and Sales to identify functional areas where new partnerships are needed.
- Identify potential partners and work alongside Product Management to evaluate them, including their functionality , integration capabilities, and pricing.
- Once a single partner has been selected, drive the commercial negotiation that results in the basic terms of the partnership.
- With terms established, work with the partner and the CRD/STT Legal and Procurement teams to create a contract that will govern the partnership.
- Following execution of the contract work with Sales Enablement and Marketing to make sure Sales is prepared to sell the partner offering and Marketing is equipped to educate the market.
What we value
- You will manage a set of partners.
- Manage the relationship with the partner, including solving problems in the partnership and working together to drive revenue for CRD and the partner.
- Become knowledgeable of the partner offering and the commercial aspects of the partnership.
- Field question s from CRD and State Street about the partner and relay those questions to the partner when necessary.
- Become familiar with the commercial arrangement of the partners that you manage.
- Manage contract renewals and amendments as needed.
- Work with Finance/Accounting to ensure partners invoice properly and are paid in a timely manner.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to 'role up sleeves', solve problems, and climb learning curve
- Project management skills
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and time management skills
- Familiarity with the vendor ecosystem in buy side technology used by institutional asset managers, asset owners, hedge funds, etc.
- Strong candidates will have worked in commercial software and taken part in both initial stages of business vetting and final role out of partnerships
- Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, macro-economic influences, trends, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent executive communication (verbal and written) skills
- Active contributor with high motivation, the ability to take initiative, set priorities, and perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Domain Expertise in Front Office Technology, Data, or Middle/Back Office a plus
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree
- Global business development experience preferred, including e xperience formulating partnerships, review ing contracts related to partnerships , etc.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: Charles River Development