Personal Banking Representative
Job Opportunity Personal Banking Representative, Brookline, MA Personal Banking Representative, Brookline, MA -1905592 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Senior Specialist, Personal Banker serves as the primary branch resource for sales opportunities, new product account openings and referrals and is responsible for developing and maintaining business customer relationships. S/he will identify the short and long term financial needs of both consumer and business customers by utilizing a needs and consultative based approach.
- Evaluates and determines the financial needs of each customer, matches this to the appropriate Santander product or service and delivers the product or service in a manner which satisfies the customer
- Expands and retains customer relationships, actively cross sells and resolves customer problems quickly and efficiently under the direction of the Branch Manager
- S/he meets all goals and actively participates in all sales activities in the Branch
- Helps with escalated service issues
- Maintains accurate sales records and regularly reviews sales results with Branch Manager and prepares an action plan taking appropriate steps to meet/exceed sales objectives
- Promotes and cross sells products and services based on customer need: guiding and directing customers in the selection of products, effectively utilizing sales, customer profiling and customer service skills to make significant contributions towards meeting individual and branch goals; refer customers to business partners when applicable
- Serves as the primary branch resource for sales opportunities, new product account openings and referrals, actively selling Bank products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in same or similar role
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to operate independently in a fluid, dynamic high growth oriented environment and embrace change
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Proficient financial skill set
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstration of poise, composure and confidence in front of clients and Bank senior management
- Strong listening and customer service skills
- Strong understanding of financial products and services
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Accurately identifies resource requirements to solve basic problems
- Communicates clearly and precisely
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
- Knows who the organizations key customers and competitors are
- Has basic understanding of financial services industry and how organizations operate
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Learns new methods and procedures or modifies them to meet new standards
- Is positive about new approaches and methods resulting from change
- Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company
- Does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution
- Works effectively in team settings
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Relationship Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Brookline-1 Harvard Street - 00628 - Brookline - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Oct 28, 2019, 4:41:43 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Town of Brookline
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Justin’s Santander Steps
Discover how Justin’s career has progressed at Santander since he was hired as a Teller in 2014.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Mitchell’s Santander Steps
From entry-level to company thought leader, find out how Mitchell’s career at Santander has grown.
- Santander Wins Digital Strategy Award
Santander's consumer technologies were recognized by Innovation Enterprise.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Consumer and Business Banking, Town of Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
- Business Development, Town of Brookline, Massachusetts, United States