eFX Quantitative Developer, Global Markets, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Working closely with eFX IT, develop models and systems to enhance the bank's real-time eFX products, in such areas as price generation, risk management and benchmark execution, and covering a range of different FX instruments such as spot, NDF's and swaps Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Analyze proprietary order flow data to find patterns in client behavior, using results to improve client pricing and optimize risk management.
- Analyze large, high frequency time series data sets and develop short term price forecasting models.
- Using public and proprietary data, identify new opportunities to increase trading volume and generate new business.
- Develop research all the way from prototype to production.
- Oversight of eFX trading operations.
About State Street What we do.
- Masters in Mathematics, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistics or related field.
- Expertise in machine learning algorithms and techniques including classification, clustering, and regression.
- Experience developing eFX models and systems in Java
- Passing NFA Proficiency Exam required before job commencement
- Interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Object oriented programming skills: Java
- Proficiency in statistical packages such as Matlab, Python or R
- Strong statistical foundations
- Pragmatic mindset - research should be targeted at solving business problems and improving profitability.
- Excellent communication skills are required to interact with clients and build relationships with key staff in Sales, Trading and Management.
- Self-motivated and with ability to work with minimal supervision.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers