eFX Quantitative Analyst - Global Markets - Assistant Vice President
Foreign exchange is the largest financial market in the world. Over the past decade, electronification of this market has led to the widespread use of machine learning techniques for the design and implementation of automated trading strategies.
The eFX business at State Street makes markets in foreign exchange, directly with counterparts, on exchanges and e-trading venues around the globe.
We believe that collaboration drives innovation, and a rigorous quantitative approach is key to our success.
Our quants are at the heart of our business.
We employ people from a diverse set of backgrounds, but primarily we look for:
- * Creative thinkers who are motivated by challenging problems
- * Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment
- * Knowledge of forecasting and machine learning techniques
- * Proven success working with large data sets and developing statistical models
- * Committed to advancing machine learning within the trading community
- * Experience developing statistical models in a trading environment is desirable but not necessary
- * Analyse proprietary order flow data to improve pricing and optimize risk management.
- * Analyse large, high frequency time series data sets and develop short term price forecasting models.
- * Using public and proprietary data, identify new opportunities to increase trading volume and generate new business.
- * Justify models/algorithms through appropriate out-of-sample backtesting periods and cross-validation techniques. Evaluate performance in practice and provide further improvements as needed.
- * Develop research all the way from prototype to production.
- * Work alongside IT to implement automated market making models
- * MSc or PhD in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/Engineering from an accredited university
- * Knowledge of a fast prototyping language such as Matlab, Python, R
- * Working knowledge of an object orientated programming language such as Java is a plus
- * Pragmatic mind-set
- * Motivated to work in a fast-paced trading environment