- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 30 Nov 17 2017-11-30
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The Developer will work with all members of their team to implement and support projects and systems for all Global Distribution projects. The primary focus of this position is the ownership and support of various software systems utilized throughout the enterprise. Developers should work with Senior Developers and client end users on IT related projects. This individual may facilitate project meetings to discuss end user requirements.
The individual must be motivated, well organized, be sensitive to project and production deadlines, have a quick learning ability, be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Understands the integrity of development models including the enforcement of standards, policies and system stewardship principles
- Assists with team members evaluating and implementing vendor tools and processes
- Ability to work with non-technical end users to interpret and document user requirements and develop functional specifications
- Performs Unit tests of individual application updates and is responsible for creating basic test plans
- Participates in code reviews to maintain standard coding practices
- Participates in system enhancement and operational processes. Will assist with application support documents used by the overnight support team for critical processes. Off-hour availability is required
- Develops a partner relationship with clients through continuous business education
- Manage operationally focused projects (e.g., non-political, data/workflow oriented). Responsible for project tracking and status reporting
- Obtains technical understanding of our Content Management System (CMS)
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-device compatibility, with an emphasis on CSS3 and responsive design
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory requirements including user access and maintenance of key records
- Resolve other Web team responsibilities as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
- 2-4 years demonstrated experience in website development is required
- 1-5 years development experience in Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) is required
- Knowledge of software development and the system implementation life cycle is a required
- Exposure to Content Management System (CMS) software is desirable
- Experience gathering requirements and creating functional specifications is preferred
- Experience creating and executing test plans is preferred
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment, under time pressures
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110