VP, Workforce Planning Lead
Workforce Planning is a relatively new, but critical function for State Street Trust and Bank. In this role, you and your team will partner with business leaders, Finance (FP&A and BU finance), and HR Business Partners to build a strategic framework that will drive workforce planning and org design as a discipline throughout the enterprise. The outcome of this effort is intended to be documented and transparent workforce plans that will improve business transparency and accountability and allow the HR function to more proactively respond to future workforce requirements.
The VP of Workforce Planning will be a trusted partner and influencer that brings credibility to the planning function and gains buy-in from all levels of the organization. We need someone who is highly analytical, takes ownership, seeks opportunities and can influence while gaining alignment in a global organization.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Manages the design, definition & implementation of the workforce planning discipline across the enterprise
- Partners with the VP of Headcount Management and Infrastructure on the implementation of tools and technology to support this effort, including Tableau and workforce planning software
- Drives the right level of dialogue between Finance/HR/business to ensure forward-looking planning, proactive constraint management to solve for annual staffing demand
- Develop key relationships, both internally and externally, with parties such as: consultants, industry experts, universities, business line management, partner organizations, IT management, etc.
- Provides ongoing analysis to key business stakeholders on both historical and real-time performance and trends
- Utilize scenario and predictive analytics to demonstrate impact of workforce actions, respective cost impact and contribute to informed decisions which impact future structures and workforce composition.
- Manage team of direct reports (2-4 individuals) responsible for applying and integrating advanced and predictive analysis, people metrics and reporting to strategize, develop, interpret and implement workforce planning initiatives and lead projects which will enable process effectiveness and efficiency
- Stays aware of other strategic initiatives, such as location and product strategy, and solutions how to incorporate them into the planning process
- Create executive-ready presentations & updates around a broad range of talent-related areas, including enterprise wide reporting/analysis such as HC projections, potential impacts of talent strategies
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field.
- Minimum 10 years in relevant field, including project management, finance, HR analytics with 2-3 years of people management experience
- Extensive excel skills, and a willingness to learn new tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Significant experience with complex analytics and large-scale data management
- Track record of successful end-to-end project management and ability to drive initiatives to completion from concept to execution
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of management globally
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Ability to quickly jump into new efforts and organize a team to work the problem