VP, Data Scientist
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
VP, Data Scientist
We are looking for a talented and established Data Scientist who can inspire teams to use logic, statistics, computer science and visualization to solve critical business problems, specifically related to process re-engineering and automation efforts. You will be a key participant in building an innovative Data Science practice in Advanced Process Solutions (APS). Your knowledge and skills will involve rapidly finding insights, leveraging data and exploiting opportunities to transform how Fidelity conducts business.
The role can be based in Salt Lake City, UT, Boston, MA, or Westlake, TX.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Master's degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research or related field.
- Proven track record of solving real world problems using Data Science technologies
- Extensive experience with advanced analytics using relevant programming languages (R, Python, PySpark, Scala, Java), mathematical/statistical platforms (R, H2O.ai, Octave, Matlab, Weka, SAS) and big data technologies (Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive, Impala).
- Expertise in Financial Services or a related industry is a plus.
The Purpose of Your Role
This role will be a key player in establishing the Data Analytics/Insights practice for APS. You will have a leadership role in solving business and technology problems. You are accountable for achieving measurable outcomes from business opportunities and providing transparency of progress towards strategic goals. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment on multiple opportunities and interacting with both technology and business partners.
The Skills You Bring
- You are seasoned Data Scientist with outstanding interpersonal and communication
- You are experienced and comfortable collaborating with senior business and technology partners.
- You have the ability to create easily understood visualizations and narratives
- You are technically adept in guiding teams to excel in advanced data analytics
- You can develop and implement best practices for data science, considering the full business and software lifecycle.
The Value You Deliver
- Lead the APS Data Analytics/Insights practice and be responsible for delivering solutions to technology and business problems
- Define common analytics frameworks and tools that can be leveraged across the organization
- Mentor and coach the data organization to enable growth of data engineers as support to the data science practice
- Drive innovation and experimentation in the data organization
- Partner and collaborate with data leads to fast track experimentation and production moves of proven hypotheses
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.