VP, Data Science
Fidelity Labs is looking for a VP, Data Science to join a new startup. The startup's focus is building innovative technology for financial services, with an expertise in artificial intelligence to accelerate growth. This role will own the data science strategy and roadmap, working with a data science team, responsible for the design, implementation, testing and delivery of data science for a new product offering. This role is a key member of the startup leadership team, reporting to the Managing Director, and will actively collaborate with the product and development teams! The Team
We are Fidelity Labs
, Fidelity Investments' in-house fintech incubator with a mission to build new businesses to drive growth for Fidelity. We seek to shape the future of our industry by building new products and services to improve the lives of the diverse set of customers, businesses and financial institutions we serve.
Fidelity Labs is a multifaceted workplace that combines the best parts of startup life-building from scratch, adapting quickly, and moon-shot ambition-with the scale and stability of an industry leader. We provide an encouraging environment for startup teams to explore new business ideas, quickly test them with customers, and scale the most promising concepts within an existing business unit, or as a new venture. Learn more at labs.fidelity.com . The Expertise You Have
- Strong, proven, communication, collaboration and leadership skills
- Prior leadership experience understanding business objectives and developing solutions
- Optimally communicate/convince other senior leaders of your plans and progress, both within an organization and with clients
- Lead a team to accomplish that plan, in an agile and collaborative environment
- A passion for excellence and a desire to mentor and develop talent
- Experience in delivery of data science to a product, ideally at a startup, lab or early stage company, in the field of AI-driven personalization, financial services, marketing and/or business development
- Proven experience building analytics that deliver useful insights from large datasets
- Hands on expertise in data extraction, cleaning, and preparation; feature extraction; model training and evaluation; model deployment
- MS/PhD in data science, statistics or similar quantitative field, plus 5 or more years senior level practical data science experience in the financial or similar domain
This role, like others on the startup leadership team, is encouraged to be both forward-thinking and hands on, with a strong ability to communicate objectives, develop plans and deliver results.
This job opportunity is brought to you by Fidelity Labs. Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.