US Wealth Advisory Sales – Digital Wealth Consultant - NE Region
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock’s US Wealth Advisory Business is seeking a talented professional to join a new team sitting at the intersection of financial technology and advisor intermediated sales.
Since its founding, BlackRock has differentiated itself among competitors by championing technology as a fundamental part of the firm. From the creation of Aladdin to the acquisition of FutureAdvisor, BlackRock has recognized that insight and innovation can drive better results for clients.
As members of the Digital Wealth team, a BlackRock Digital Wealth Consultant (DWC) will directly engage with the Financial Advisor community to drive the adoption of BlackRock’s Digital Wealth properties, including FutureAdvisor and iRetire. In partnership with desk-based Digital Wealth Associates (DWA) and the broader BlackRock US Wealth Advisory distribution force, the Digital Wealth Consultant will operate as an expert on digital advice technology and digital investing.
In this “expert” capacity, the primary responsibilities of the DWC will be to drive Financial Advisor adoption of BlackRock’s digital properties and to serve as consultants to Advisors seeking to digitize their practices. This will be achieved through deep, technology-focused engagement with advisors and education around BlackRock’s capabilities and the larger financial technology landscape. Success on both fronts will help Advisors use digital technology to more effectively and efficiently grow their practice and manage risk.
Successful candidates will be driven, self-motivated professionals able to deftly combine sales acumen with technical expertise. The ability to thrive in a team environment defined by open communication, best practice sharing, and a spirit of partnership is critical. Additionally, candidates must be entrepreneurial at heart, remaining adaptable and positive in the face of a rapidly changing industry landscape.
- Coordinate with a wide range of BlackRock partners across sales channels to serve as a trusted partner and to cultivate opportunities for digital engagement
- Manage a dedicated sales territory, positioning the BlackRock Digital Wealth suite with high-priority advisor segments and firms
- Develop expertise related to modernizing Advisor practices thru the adoption of Digital Advice technologies
- Build out and service a growing list of advisors thru a “Digital Segment,” implementing a technology-based, high-quality service model
- Demonstrate product expertise as it pertains to the investments available through BlackRock Digital Solutions
- Exhibit a strong commercial understanding of BlackRock’s Digital Solutions along with the broader Financial Technology landscape
- Experience from a top tier asset management, consulting or other financial services firm, and/or technology background with a preference towards professionals with experience in financial services
- Strong attention to detail with excellent critical thinking, data analysis and problem solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to excel in client-facing roles and work well in a team-based environment where camaraderie, idea-sharing & positive energy are key
- The ability to work in a high-energy, metrics-based environment where productive competition helps drive all members of the team upward toward success
- Understanding of intermediary-sold marketplace at major US broker-dealers is a plus
- Series 7 and 66 (or 6 and 65) licenses are preferred
- Strong PC Skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.