Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
The Junior Trader assists the Global Trading Team in facilitating trades and improving the operational ease of trading, while developing trading skills and relationships. The Junior Trader will primarily focus on credit, currency and rates markets. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Backs up traders across a diverse range of asset classes, including, but not limited to, currency, money markets and credit.
- Develops internal and external relationships with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, Traders and Sales teams. Contributes to improvements in how information is sourced, consumed and distributed internally to improve access to liquidity opportunities and to seek best execution.
- Develops trading skills, including negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Works closely with the Systematic Trading Team, Trading Solutions Strategist, Global Technology and Investment Operations teams to incorporate technology and analytics, and improve workflows, for Global Trading. Develops analytic and quantitative skills accordingly.
- Works closely with the Trading Assistants to improve efficiencies and scale across the teams, including assisting with training and development of the Trading Assistants, and with front-to-back processing of trades.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in, or understanding of, fixed income markets.
- Familiarity with the MFS investment and trading operations processes.
- Knowledge of Charles River, Bloomberg and analytics platforms a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize job responsibilities accordingly.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings, as well as travel to attend internal and external meetings.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."